Blower and Nitros?

ripper

Reaction score
Im thinking about putting a 35- 50 shot of spray on my motor. I was looking at the Snow kits also. Anyone ever spray a blower?

Ive got a forged PI motor w/ps-1

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm gonna add a 50 shot just for the track...i've also been looking at the snow st 2 kit so i can make more power with cheaper gas.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
I'm gonna add a 50 shot just for the track...i've also been looking at the snow st 2 kit so i can make more power with cheaper gas.

Lemme axe you a question about that. Sorry to derail your thread Steveo...

I am building a high compression NA motor. Would the snow kit help out there as far as being able to run lower grade gas? Or do you only get the performance gains with FI and the snow kit?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
jfor441 said:
DropTopPony said:

Lemme axe you a question about that. Sorry to derail your thread Steveo...

I am building a high compression NA motor. Would the snow kit help out there as far as being able to run lower grade gas? Or do you only get the performance gains with FI and the snow kit?

It will work well with High Compression and N/A. A guy on another forum is running Flat Tops/PI heads (over 12 c/r) on 93 octane pump gas...

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
so is he running the snow all the time then???

Yes and it uses very little. Most of the guys i talk to who have it say they fill up the tank when they fill up on gas which was on avg once a week...so they use about 1 gallon of methanol/windshield washer fluid a month so that cost them about $2

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
You know... after looking at the water-meth injection, it would be very feasible to run say a roots type blower at 5-7psi on a high compression motor. Wonder what kind of power can be made there?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
jfor441 said:
You know... after looking at the water-meth injection, it would be very feasible to run say a roots type blower at 5-7psi on a high compression motor. Wonder what kind of power can be made there?

I'll let you know in a few weeks, i'm putting my PI heads back on after i pass inspection and i'm gonna stick my eaton on @6psi and i'll be @ 10.1 C/R...

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
jfor441 said:

I'll let you know in a few weeks, i'm putting my PI heads back on after i pass inspection and i'm gonna stick my eaton on @6psi and i'll be @ 10.1 C/R...

Sounds similar to what my setup is gonna be except I am going to be at 11.2:1 c/r. I will definitely be interested in your results. Is your eaton the FRPP one?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes the FRPP one...why are you gonna run such high compression? I'll only be doing it for the summer and i have a forged replacement in the garage if i blow something...i'm dropping down to 8.5 C/R and upping the boost to 10-12 with the meth and a 50 shot of juice at the track.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
I am running high compression and nitrous. I don't really want a blower, but it would be neat to do. I am planning right now for about 340 to the wheels NA on pump gas and a couple of hundred more on nitrous.

voidfinger

Reaction score
sounds nice. So one question though....the 96-98 cobra had 10 or 10.5:1 CR and then k/b sells a supercharger for them and is it safe to run on a stock motor since k/b said no other mods required???

OP
OP
R

ripper

Reaction score
Heres what i know. Compression creates heat. And the heat is what creates detonation. More fuel less heat. Tune and fuel will solve any problem i guess. I cant see why Kenne Belle would say no other mods except maybe they are going with low boost.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
Gotcha O0

I was gonna go that route once upon a time.

Got no choice LOL. Already ordered the parts for it LOL. Reason I was asking about the water-meth injection was because i can bump up timing without having to run race gas

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
The guys at modularmustangracing.com are telling me that with their stage 3 port job, xe274ah cam and 11.2:1 c/r that they have a street car on race gas with 380 to the wheels. This is a 2v mind you.

OP
OP
R

ripper

Reaction score
Have you seen the price on 100 octang? :eek: Or 110 holly shit man.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Thats the reason I was asking about the water-meth injection. By running that with pump gas, studies have shown that it cools the intake charge so that the gas going in has an effective octane rating of about 120-16 octane. If thats the case, just imagine what can be done on a NA motor. If they are making 380 at the wheels on 110 octane gas, 400 HP at the wheels may not be out of the question. Doing that on a 2V and doing safely.... WOW! That's my goal so we'll see what happens.