Blown frost plug?

Bill94vert

Reaction score
well.. i think i have blown a frost plug.. not 100% sure but i have been reading on corral.. and everything points me to the frost plugs.. now what is the best way to change them out? can it be done with engine still in the car? fuck i hope so any ideas?

95-stang

Reaction score
Never done any on a muzzy, but you can normally do MOST of the plugs, on most cars without engine removal.
However, most core plugs [frost plugs] are often under exhaust manifolds and other really hard to get at places, or covered by other components.
On most cars there's often one behind the flywheel, not too easy.
Getting them out isnt too bad, but you will need a good area of swing to drift the new ones in, you cant expect to just flip them in.
From what i've seen on mine, taking the motor out might be the easiest way, unfortunately. :(
I assume your losing a bit of coolant? If it had blown straight out, you would know, you might as well just pour the water straight on the floor.

OP
OP
Bill94vert

Bill94vert

Reaction score
95-stang said:
Never done any on a muzzy, but you can normally do MOST of the plugs, on most cars without engine removal.
However, most core plugs [frost plugs] are often under exhaust manifolds and other really hard to get at places, or covered by other components.
On most cars there's often one behind the flywheel, not too easy.
Getting them out isnt too bad, but you will need a good area of swing to drift the new ones in, you cant expect to just flip them in.
From what i've seen on mine, taking the motor out might be the easiest way, unfortunately. :(
I assume your losing a bit of coolant? If it had blown straight out, you would know, you might as well just pour the water straight on the floor.
ya i can put the hose in the rad is goes right through... fuck :help2:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
well i cant be much help with the frost plugs but there are petcocks/drains on the block too i believe. I doubt you would be lucky enough that one of the just got opened but ya never know

95-stang

Reaction score
Might be best to have a good look first, or get it on a ramp, might be anything including a burst hose etc etc.

OP
OP
Bill94vert

Bill94vert

Reaction score
hmmm ya i will deffently.. i had a little pin hole in my rad so i took it out and stuck a new one in... :dunno:

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
whne i blew my frost plug there was steam commin out of the engine bay and the next morning a lake of coolant under my car lol :nonono:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online