Blowzilla or Vortech?

Gelsomini

Reaction score
Obviously not the first person to ask this but what do you guys think is better? I'm leaning towards the Blowzilla at the moment from TPS, if you have one please put input! But I would love to know your guys opinion. Would love to add some boost.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
either will be good for a nice boost performance but with out knowing what you want from the car in the end its hard to say. I was considering it but the dependability and proven design on the vortech, along with finding a nice deal swayed me.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
The blowzilla is definitely cool. I love positive displacement blowers. But the centrifugal supercharger allows you a lot better intercooler options. And you need an intercooler.

JKady

Reaction score
The blowzilla is definitely cool. I love positive displacement blowers. But the centrifugal supercharger allows you a lot better intercooler options. And you need an intercooler.
That's pretty dependent on the intended use of the car.

I think the Vortech offers a lot more room to grow and yes, is easier to intercool. BUT, the sound and performance of a KB blower is phenomenal.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Oh, believe me, I love that whipple whistle, the kenne bell blower would be awesome. And it has a cool factor that the centri does not. But, the vortech is a more versatile system. If you are building a motor for boost, get the vortech, as it is easier to intercool, and allows you the most room to grow.

If you aren't worried about pumping up the boost, or don't mind spraying meth/water for cooling your iat's, then get the blowzilla... because it sounds so freaking cool.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online