Body Work Question

Skoll

Reaction score
Alright, this may come off as dumb which is why I'm posting this in the safe zone. I'm used to Chevys honestly so I don't know all the particulars of the Ford SN-95 chassis.. But I was wondering if a New Edge front bumper would fit on my 98 GT? Or are the SN-95 and SN-95 II too different for that?

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Alright, this may come off as dumb which is why I'm posting this in the safe zone. I'm used to Chevys honestly so I don't know all the particulars of the Ford SN-95 chassis.. But I was wondering if a New Edge front bumper would fit on my 98 GT? Or are the SN-95 and SN-95 II too different for that?

They have been crossbred before, i believe you need "conversion" fenders.

conv6.jpg

awesome1.jpg

custom.jpg

mustang1.jpg

OP
OP
Skoll

Skoll

Reaction score
Interdashing. Alright, thanks for answering my question!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the new edge bumpers have been reproduced and made to fit our cars. Just save yourself the time and get one of those.

Which bumper are you wanting exactly???

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
It def would save you some time OP, but keep in mind some of those bumpers fitments can be hit or miss.

OP
OP
Skoll

Skoll

Reaction score
Most of the new edge bumpers have been reproduced and made to fit our cars. Just save yourself the time and get one of those.

Which bumper are you wanting exactly???

I'm more asking for knowledge purposes. I honestly like the Cobra SVT front bumper best but I wanna cover all my bases with what's available. You know, figuring out options and whatnot. I figured since the New Edges are pretty much the same chassis that their body panels would fit on the regular SN-95s.

Reaction score
the same chassis doesn't necessarily mean that the same body panels will fit. With fords however that usually is the case. Although the sn95 and new edge body styles do not compliment one another; one is soft and curved while the other is hard and sharp. Yes the body panels will be able to be swapped (hood, front bumper and fenders), but thats basically it (not including wings/spoilers). On the s197 platform there is a whole lot more you can do. you can have an early model s197 (05-09) and swap the entire front to look like a mid model s197 (hood, fenders, bumper from 10-12) and it look completely normal eventhough its a mid/late model s197 front because the lines match. Also with 10/12 and 13/14 you can swap the rear bumper/trunk/lights to use the leds that people charge up the butthole when selling. Like evilcw311 pointed out there are parts made by cervini, vis, abc, etc that will fit the 94/98 body style, but look like the 99/04. So are parts able to be swapped? Yes. Does it flow? Eh, not so much. Ricer? Getting there. Eye sore to most people? I think so.

But if that is something you want to do then go for it and we can help you out. if you want to learn about all there is to know we can teach you.

OP
OP
Skoll

Skoll

Reaction score
the same chassis doesn't necessarily mean that the same body panels will fit. With fords however that usually is the case. Although the sn95 and new edge body styles do not compliment one another; one is soft and curved while the other is hard and sharp. Yes the body panels will be able to be swapped (hood, front bumper and fenders), but thats basically it (not including wings/spoilers). On the s197 platform there is a whole lot more you can do. you can have an early model s197 (05-09) and swap the entire front to look like a mid model s197 (hood, fenders, bumper from 10-12) and it look completely normal eventhough its a mid/late model s197 front because the lines match. Also with 10/12 and 13/14 you can swap the rear bumper/trunk/lights to use the leds that people charge up the butthole when selling. Like evilcw311 pointed out there are parts made by cervini, vis, abc, etc that will fit the 94/98 body style, but look like the 99/04. So are parts able to be swapped? Yes. Does it flow? Eh, not so much. Ricer? Getting there. Eye sore to most people? I think so.

But if that is something you want to do then go for it and we can help you out. if you want to learn about all there is to know we can teach you.

Thank you for the response. I get fully what you mean and don't really intend to rice out my car at all. If anything I will probably end up trying to get a parted out Cobra SVT front bumper and a different hood. I'm very interested in side skirt exhaust though, were those stock options on any of the SN-95s?

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Frank.JD.Perez i answered his question that is all. I dont approve of the conversion but he never said can this conversion be done and ​..what is your opinion on it..

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for the response. I get fully what you mean and don't really intend to rice out my car at all. If anything I will probably end up trying to get a parted out Cobra SVT front bumper and a different hood. I'm very interested in side skirt exhaust though, were those stock options on any of the SN-95s?

The new edge cobra bumpers don't flow very well with our bodies. The cobra r flows very well especially if u do side exhaust, and yes I'm biased obviously. Abc exclusive was making the side exhaust covers but that's about all I would get from them. If u want a different style front bumper do yourself a huge favor and pay the extra for cervinis.

735e9e88888e292efeedbb3c18406b62.jpg
a72d92a38cd46a96c94065729fa485d2.jpg
b3daab9a6adfe45dddb6588662bdfa24.jpg

My hood is cervinis, my bumpers and side exhaust are all abc. I had to cut and reshape the abc pieces all over to make em fit. Friend of mine has the same front bumper from cervinis and when we tried his on my car it lined up perfectly the first time with no work needed at all.

wmfateam

Reaction score
The new edge cobra bumpers don't flow very well with our bodies. The cobra r flows very well especially if u do side exhaust, and yes I'm biased obviously. Abc exclusive was making the side exhaust covers but that's about all I would get from them. If u want a different style front bumper do yourself a huge favor and pay the extra for cervinis.

My hood is cervinis, my bumpers and side exhaust are all abc. I had to cut and reshape the abc pieces all over to make em fit. Friend of mine has the same front bumper from cervinis and when we tried his on my car it lined up perfectly the first time with no work needed at all.

With your Hood Vents, are they right above the gap between the radiator tank and the front of the engine? Like does water just fall on the belts?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
as they have said I would not go with aftermarket pieces and if you can find damaged OEM to repair. I got one fender stock and one that is not and you can tell the difference once you put the time in the reproduction piece to get it to fit.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
With your Hood Vents, are they right above the gap between the radiator tank and the front of the engine? Like does water just fall on the belts?

Yeah unfortunately they are in a spot that rain does hit the belts and then sprays under the hood.

I'm actually waiting to hear from a machine shop that I dropped off my vents with who is suppose to be custom making me some new vents and I'm gonna make a plate that I can put on with a foam gasket if it's raining.

I will say tho that underhood temps did drop noticeably with the vents open. Also, cervinis is who made my hood and they use ford factory cobra vents.

wmfateam

Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately they are in a spot that rain does hit the belts and then sprays under the hood.

I'm actually waiting to hear from a machine shop that I dropped off my vents with who is suppose to be custom making me some new vents and I'm gonna make a plate that I can put on with a foam gasket if it's raining.

I will say tho that underwood temps did drop noticeably with the vents open. Also, cervinis is who made my hood and they use ford factory cobra vents.

I thank you very much for the info. I was looking at this one and the Trufiber. Being in Arizona it bother me too much. I'm hoping to move the battery to the trunk and swap a smaller overflow to where the battery normally is to get more hot air a better path.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online