Bonspeed wheels CANCELLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Posted Today, 02:43 PM
going to try and make this short. ordered the wheels aug. 20th. a few days later received an email from them showing me how my wheels will fit a "mustang" according the the size/specs. the mustang was a 2010 shelby. uuuuhhhhh wtf? most of us know that an s197 requires a higher offset wheel than an sn95. so i emailed back with that exact info.

his reply: (Brad Franshaw owner operator) I'm not sure what the problem is but your wheels will have 6" backspacing.

:hmmmm....ok? can i get some more info other than that lol. all 4 wheels will have that backspacing?

from there i just called them. worked out the details but still a tad irritated. fast forward to yesterday. originally they were to be an 11" wheel. i emailed brad because i was getting ready to go ahead and order tires. he said something when i first called to even inquire about these wheels that kinda confused me. he said technically they are an 10" wheel but measure out to an 11. that's just how their wheels are made. so i emailed before ordering tires:

hey brad, i'm getting ready to order tires. you said they are actually 11" wheel correct? do i order tires for a 10 or 11" wheel.

thanks, Tony

his reply: (Brad Franshaw owner operator) Tony, order tires for a 10" wheel. I'm not going to be here for several days so i can't just constantly e-mail you.

Brad Franshaw

lmao well **** you dude! so i called and cancelled the order this morning simply because 1...i don't think they understand the backspacing and offset requirements and 2...this brad franshaw is a complete prick!

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
lmao. So they're 10 inch wheels, but measure 11inches? what.
Wheels specs should be fairly simple for a wheel company to understand, no?lol

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
LMAO .I.. have a nice day, customer service with one person is the best way to gain another customer, its also the best way to lose 10 potentials.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Time to order from ccw and get a simple and accurate order going.

Sorry to hear that happened. On the other hand, it sounds like that company has no idea what they're talking about and couldn't make a mustang wheel if their life depended on it.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nice going Brad.

1487410_621739107874764_652714788_n.png

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't see the big deal on giving you a measurement that may be off by 10%. I mean really now what is an extra inch going to matter?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see the big deal on giving you a measurement that may be off by 10%. I mean really now what is an extra inch going to matter?

That single inch is what's going to stop him from having perfectly flush fitment if he did his measurements right. And knowing Tony, I don't think he wants his wheels an inch inside/outside of the fender.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score

scott the 1" wasn't as much of a problem as the wrong backspacing and offset. if they think an s197 wheel will work simply because it has the same bolt pattern than i have no interest in them lol.

edit" but what was even MORE of a problem for me was the rude ass email replies lol. i coulda went round and round with them till we got the offset and backspacing perfect but get rude with me i'm out!!! plain and simple!!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I thought that by now we all know that 75% of what I say is sarcasm, and the other 50% is just complete bullshit.

SnakeMedic

Reaction score
OH wow. The message about not being around and cannot constantly email...... Cool bro. If thats they way you do business, ignoring a customer with questions and concerns, then good luck in the future.

Jackass.

Jgehret

Reaction score

Maybe they measure their wheels like a cats tail. From the asshole out.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
I can't believe you guys took me serious.
lmao you fuuker :deeplist:

sooooo....brad calls me a little while ago. the guy was sincere in his apology. at first i gave no fuuks until he offered me $500 off the total and told me that the tech guy is going to call me tomorrow with exact specs to make sure we get them right. so i took the deal. bonspeeds are a go. sorry for the useless rant :sad5:

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
wheels are measured in width from tire seat to tire seat. if you actually measure the wheel from outside edge to outside edge it will typically be an inch wider. well i want them to measure properly and from tire seat to tire seat i want 11". not 10. so they need to get that right.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online