Boostr1's 98 GT Build Thread

Boostr1

Reaction score
So I purchased this Mustang in 2005 with 75,000 miles bone stock. Added the typical bolt ons ya see in the list below plus a MAC one piece CAI MAF unit, and a full PI H/C/I swap (this was before the MMR Short Block, TFS Heads, Kenne Bell swap). Ran a 13 flat with that combo.
Track pics with PI H/C/I swap.
Hteb7KQ.jpg

202xLiJ.jpg

AGQZkpi.jpg

Found my build pics from 6 years ago so might as well plop it on here.

So these are the current parts:

MMR 900 short block w/ Manley rods and pistons
TFS Twisted Wedge 48cc Heads
TFS stage one cams
Comp Cams adjustable timing gears
Kenne Bell 2.1 Intercooled Supercharger 9#
Professional Products 75mm Tb
Tunable Induction CAI
Cobra Radiator
SCT BA-2600 Big Air 90MM MAF Meter/ Sensor
36# Inj
Ford Racing Ceramic coated Stainless Shorties
Magnaflow X Pipes w/ Cats
Magnaflow Magna Packs
Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension (Tokico Shocks, swaybars, and Lowering Springs 1 inch drop)
Bullit Front Calipers w/ 13" Brembo Rotors
Steeda rear Alluminum lowers, steel Uppers
2003 Cobra front lower control arms
JEGS DS Loop
3.73's
Ford Racing 31 Spline Axles
Cobra Posi
SVE 10.5 rear wheels/ stock front
Nitto 315 Drag Radials rears
98 Cobra front bumper
SCT Tune by Valley Performance
Boss Inc Cyber Stallion Hood

To Do List:
Edelbrock FLSFC (Have em gotta put them in)
03-04 Cobra tank (INSTALLED)
Division X Return style fuel hat (INSTALLED)
Dual Walboros (INSTALLED)

Post PI H/C/I swap:
YhOHM0Z.jpg

df7sEPE.jpg

S5uE9gY.jpg

1HjjVXH.jpg

For some reason I never ended up using these fuel rails and stayed with the stockers.
ibswxKL.jpg

lDs0mha.jpg

BqlATir.jpg

egCZvCM.jpg

I went with the Boss Inc Cyber Stallion hood because I like the way the lines flowed with 94-98 sn95 body.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
wow that is a real clean looking engine!

Lol, good from far but far from good... It's really nasty in there, freaken rodent droppings and acorns. I need to blow air thru there to blow all the crap and acorns out, and then wipe everything down.

OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
Got underside of the trunk derusted. wire wheeled, primed, and undercoated.

20200424_164926.jpg
Cleaned out the 03-04 Cobra tank and assembled the Division X dual fuel hat, didn't bolt the hat down because there are still wet spots inside the tank that need to dry.

20200426_173101.jpg

OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
Buttoned down the fuel hat, changed the fittings to quick disc/connect fittings, and installed the fuel filter. Also replaced the factory quick disconnect fitting on the return side of the fuel rail with a 6an Fragola piece.

20200430_144708.jpg
20200430_144808.jpg

Don't mind the cut return line, I'm replacing it with 6an S/S braided Teflon fuel line from front to back. That whole return line is 60 percent rusted. The feed line amazingly is in great shape.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
Any body know how to remove the rubber return line that runs from the fuel rail to the Hardline by the passenger side firewall? I have it discode from the the rail, but the connector is different at the hard line, and it's a tight squeeze.

Thanks

OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
Note to self, don't mix no name brand SS braided PTFE fuel hose with name brand fittings... After test fitting the line from front to back and cutting it to measurement, installed connector one, aaaaaand cross threaded the thing, second one went better but still not right. The fittings weren't feeling right on that hose even though it was all 6an stuff. To make short story long, I purchased Fragola SS Braided PTFE hose and their fittings..

OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
Ah the joys of building fuel lines...

Yeah, after that debacle it felt like I got nothing done... then realized I had to blow out the engine bay of acorns and poop, and vacuum the interior of the same. Oh, and I split my cowl vent cover trying to remove it cause them little pricks were living under there as well. So it felt like I did get something done.

OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
What a difference quality brands make. Just put together this Fragola fitting on the Fragola PTFE fuel line... Easy peezy. I found the receipt for the other line and fittings I bought, the ones that didn't go so well last week. AN Fittings direct... Not gonna bad mouth them, but I think I found the problem with what they sent me. The ferules/ olive were for hard line not PTFE. They didn't have that lip that butts up against the inner PTFE hose. Sometimes your better of spending a little more... Then again I bought their stuff like 2 years ago... When I was less more monier...

20200510_132136.jpg

OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
Drilled out and tapped a bigger drain so the UPR catch can drain kit will work. Man, a PITA to tap NPT threads.
20200510_161759.jpg

Finished running the PTFE return line. Used stainless zip ties to give it a nice look.

20200510_190526.jpg

50HSN95

Reaction score
Very nice, fuel lines can be a pain. Helped my dad make them many times over the years for his race cars.

Damn critters, I had the same thing when I bought my car years ago, after taking the interior apart I found tree nuts and all kinds of crap under the back seat, and in the passenger side fender liner.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online