Bored...What should I get next

Downshift

Reaction score
Well im bored and I was wondering what I should get next performance wise for my car. As for Price if im going to be realistic than at the most 250$ and down. But Im open to suggestions. I was thinking about a cam, maybe the E303 but I have heard bad things about idle, studdering and that kind of thing what is another good cam for pretty much just dropping in a stock internals motor? Anyway let me know.

Tattoogod

Reaction score
i had the E303 in my 90lx..and i freakin loved the thing...idle sounded awsome.i had no probs,but as for these sn95's i dont know how it will act. you could always get a good set of roller rockers and good lifters. the good thing would be a blower ;D

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
The E303 works great with the fox cars, but I have heard bad things from a few guys here about useing it in a 94-95 :dunno:

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Maybe I will stay away from the cam I don't know too much about them. I know some cams you have to check your piston to valve clearance but what exactly makes one cam hit the piston and the other not? Its the lift I'm assuming right, if so what is the maximum lift you can run with out clearance issues? I am not just gonna go run out and get a cam with the maximum lift I just would rather know where are my limits for now. Like would this cam work be fine for me? http://store.summitracing.com/partd...924760+4294887637+4294887636+115&autoview=sku If not what would you guys recommend? Thanks for the replies

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
You should always check you PTV clearance when installing a new cam.......but the general rule is your safe up to .500 lift, go over that and you could have issues. The E-303 is .498 and as far as I know I have never seen or heard of PTV clearance issues with it.

chickendreamer

Reaction score
Sigh.. don't go with the E-303 cam. If you want an alphabet cam go with a f-303, wil have much better drivability.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
chickendreamer said:
Sigh.. don't go with the E-303 cam. If you want an alphabet cam go with a f-303, wil have much better drivability.

Dont pay attention to the chickendreamer, he has a personal quest to put an end to the E-303 cam :hammer:

chickendreamer

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Dont pay attention to the chickendreamer, he has a personal quest to put an end to the E-303 cam :hammer:

/shrug, not my ride so I really could care less. But when it bucks, surges and dies don't come crying to me about how to solve the problem.

Tattoogod

Reaction score
ive seen peeps using the x-cam and talking about bad ass sound.and a pretty quick idle stop too.i liked it alot

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
chickendreamer said:
Snakebit said:

/shrug, not my ride so I really could care less. But when it bucks, surges and dies don't come crying to me about how to solve the problem.
I am going with you on this, thats why I was looking that the cam I posted last it has the same specs as the E cam but is supposed to be ok with computer control has anyone heard anything about why its different if the specs are the same as the E?

wytstang

Reaction score
I wouldn't put a cam in a stock headed car our stock heads just don't breath well enough for a cam. You'd be better off finding a used 94/95 cobra intake and advancing the stock cam 4*.

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Well I cant get heads right now. When i made this thread I didnt expect it all to be about getting a cam but it just went that way. I am open to suggestions on what to get next. I just dont have enough money to get heads right now....

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
HAHA ok I know that but anything else? You guys are getting quiet on me. :ass3:

Tattoogod

Reaction score
hey I have an idea. you could get a 255lph fuel pump..that way that is done when your ready for your other mods..I hate doing fuel pump. Atleast youll have it out of the way with. I'm dreading doing mine.

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Thats not too bad of an Idea. I dont think I will be needing a larger fuel pump in the near future though. And wouldnt I need to get an AFPR if I got a bigger fuel pump. I would rather spend the money on something I can feel the power now. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online