Bosch spark plugs = crap

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Its official (as you guys dont already know) bosch has set an all new low for me.

2yrs ago my buddy swapped out plugs and dumb sales greedy store clerks hoaxed him into bosch plugs over stock replacements. 2yrs later, ...the plug blows out taking the coil pack with it....I say to him "ok, this is very normal with Ford PI heads because only 4 threads in the spakplug hole and being over torqued when reinstalling new plugs. No big deal, we get the retread kit...fix you right up!"

He proceeds with "not happening, the sparkplug is still in the head! Its the ceramics that are missing. I going to pull the rest out and go from there".

Long story short, the bosch plug gave up, dropping the electrode and blowing the rest out like a spit ball through a straw leaving the steel body still locked in the head,..... taking the coil pack out also. Now the cylinder will not hold any compression! Car is a 1999 30th Gt with 75,000miles. ...do I need to add how pissed this guy is! A $5plug destroyed his baby.....HEY BOSCH.....YOU SUCK!!

So now the car is on my lift getting dismantled and he has ok'd the engine rebuild to be improved upon ;)

punched281

Reaction score
I never run Bosch plugs, Fords don't like them! I use the TR6, a dollar some per. And I can afford to keep an extra set around just in case I fowl them out!

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
This guys patients are being tested here lately. The reason for driving his mustang that day was because his work beater volvo fuel pump went out.

Thanks for the simpathy, ill pass them on! Honestly though, we're talking worst case scenario, he talks like full max effort n/a build. Ive offered him my shop for as long as he wants to help ease the build costs. Stay tuned.

Autolite, motorcraft, and ngk....only

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I ran bosch plugs in my old crown vic (like 10 years ago) and it ran like crap... never again.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have also heard that autolite or motorcraft because they just run better in fords, but I have never been told why. Is it some kind of ancient voodoo or black magic?

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
About to crack her open and assess the damage. Owner is crossing his fingers in hopes the cylinder wall is untouched. It will be pure luck if its ok! Cause judging by the amout of aluminum shavings that came out of the catconverter, the cylinder is clawed dead!

a6104670259cdb01612fb9a91a0bb99e.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online