botls vs studs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am getting everything together now to put the motor together and from what I have heard its better to use studs over bolts when you can? I would like to use studs on the intake but I cant' seem to find any that have a 1/2 - 3/8" longer to allow for the spacer I need to allow for my heads. Anyone know if they make them and where to get them?

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I've heard of people just using all thread for the intake if they can't find long enough bolts. Just take a measurement on length and cut it and use lock washers and nuts.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am actually replacing a piece of all thread and was just hoping to do it right this time. I sent an email to arp last night hopefully I will get a good anser back.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
That's surprising. I just happened to get lucky when I swapped intakes and found the right length bolts for the two middle holes in the cobra upper. If I had been using any size spacer then I would be exactly where you are now.

1bad95

Reaction score
I used all thread on mine on my 95 with no problems

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had a piece of threaded rod in there when I took it out but with the vortech going on it I was hoping to replace/upgrade every bolt on the top end. I already have a arp head bolt kit, and I am pretty sure they make a lower intake stud kit and just hoped the upper had something to go with. Anyone know if you can piecemeal the studs together if I have the lengths of them all?

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
threaded rod/all thread/ready rod I am pretty sure is all the same thing just a threaded rod from one end to the other. While it works the same as a stud I can't help but think not being heat treated and such that it can't be as strong.

95opal

Reaction score
You dont need anything special for the upper as its only torqued to 18-24ftlbs. ARP will have the lowers but uppers are nothing special. If your worried grade 8 studs can be sourced just about anywhere

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
not in the crappy little town I live in I end up ordering more little/simple crap then I would like too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online