Bought stock style Drilled, and slotted rotars.

caseypayne69

Reaction score
Can't wait to put them on ;D I know the car won't stop faster, but maybe the heat being pulled out will give the rotars a longer life, and just look cooler.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They do look much cooler.

there is a break in for them too.
maybe it's to eat through the zinc coating, anyway, let's see some pics when you get them on!

Cobra456hp

Reaction score
caseypayne69 said:
Can't wait to put them on ;D I know the car won't stop faster, but maybe the heat being pulled out will give the rotars a longer life, and just look cooler.

why do you think it wont stop quicker? with stock rotors, when you press the pedal the pads compress and hot gas/air is trapped between the pads and rotors, with cross drilled the gas is released and therefore the pad makes better contact with the rotor. so yes, your 60-0 should be be reduced. And dont forget about the lack of brake fade.

OP
OP
C

caseypayne69

Reaction score
I figure the gain is less brake fad reduction and longer more reliab life.  Braking distance, to my not so educated brake knowledge, is reduced with added pistons per caliper, and caliper and rotar size.  Aka bigger rotars with bigger calipers, and such would reduce braking.  But like I said i'm no expert. 

OP
OP
C

caseypayne69

Reaction score
I'm not saying your wong cobra456hp. And yea maybe i'll gain some braking distance.

OP
OP
C

caseypayne69

Reaction score
hmm, help me out on this call. I think I goofed up buying the wrong pads. I bought OEM replacement pads. I was thinking of getting EBC greenstuff. My buddy said if I put the oem pads on the Slotted drilled rotar that it would rip the pad up, and then the rotar. Should I upgrade to the a more aggressive pad like he said? Less OEM. I might return my pads for EBC greenstuff. But im un sure and those are pricey.

blackfang

Reaction score
Yeah I have C/D rotors on the catfish and dont notice any difference than the OEM brakes.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
i want the 13" cobra brakes for front and 11.5" for back. they are expensive! anyone know where i can get them for a decient price? its an upgrade i want to do later on so i wanna know

OP
OP
C

caseypayne69

Reaction score
blackfang said:
Yeah I have C/D rotors on the catfish and dont notice any difference than the OEM brakes.
So your camaro has oem and their not hurt?

blackfang

Reaction score
caseypayne69 said:
blackfang said:
So your camaro has oem and their not hurt?
No. I put on cross drilled rotors and aftermarket pads and havent noticed the difference from the OEM ones I had. Car made it to 60k for the rear and 71k for the front on the original brakes. I have 3k on the new ones now.

OP
OP
C

caseypayne69

Reaction score
k, I called Ford racing and they simply said to get GOOD quality break pads and I should be safe. I paid 49 bucks for the front oem and 39 for the rear oem from 50resto. Can you tell from looking at brake pads if one is a better quality then another?

blackfang

Reaction score
caseypayne69 said:
k, I called Ford racing and they simply said to get GOOD quality break pads and I should be safe. I paid 49 bucks for the front oem and 39 for the rear oem from 50resto. Can you tell from looking at brake pads if one is a better quality then another?
For the most part no you cant tell. I have Brembo rotors on the Cobra and Hawk pads and you cant tell from looking at them. There are some race pads you can tell by looking at the compound of the pad itself, but not normal pads for the most part.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hurmm im just running them OEM cobra pads up front on my Slotted/Drilled rotors and some of the run of the mill Rebestos out back on my slotted/drilled...so far no problems, I hope I wont hurt the rotors?!??

Reaction score
I didn't notice any better braking - the first few hundred miles of braking were very rough and they do eat up pads a bit quicker. I use Akebono ceramic pads . . .

im000249.jpg

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm running the stock (cobra) pads on mine - 3 years, no problems :)

Ender

Reaction score
my95gtstang said:
i want the 13" cobra brakes for front and 11.5" for back. they are expensive! anyone know where i can get them for a decient price? its an upgrade i want to do later on so i wanna know

Look around in the classifieds on all the forums, I picked up my Cobra fronts for under $200. I would do the fronts first, that is where the action really happens. The rears won't make a difference for most people, the only time you need them is for road racing, that's when they really start to heat up and the venting becomes beneficial.

OP
OP
C

caseypayne69

Reaction score
haa my D/S rotars 2 days old already have spots. But that could be from my massive coolent leak.

Reaction score
Jperran said:
Do these have some kind of coating on them to keep from getting disgusting like the stock ones?
Most are zinc plated and will stay clean, however5, the actual braking surface has no coating and will become rusty after sitting for days, especially after a good rain.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online