Bougth some 27x10 full drag Hoosier's and am getting conflicting advice.

Nacho

Reaction score
Some people tell me that I'm going to bog out bad and that I should run it at 20-24psi with a massive burnout so I can avoid it. And others tell me that I need to lower it to 11-14 psi and do a massive burnout as well.

I went to the track on Friday and left it at 15psi and did a very mild burnout, no smoke at all, and I spun all of 1st gear. Now this tells me that I need to lower the pressure and do a heavier burnout, but some tell me otherwise. I didn't get a chance to run again, fuckin rain. I was really nervous that I was going to break something and that is why my burnout was quick and smokeless.

The reason why I bought these tires was because I got a steal for them ($125) and they only had 2 passes. The 'holes' are brand new. The guy who had them bought them off his uncle whom ran them twice on his Nova. This guy had them sitting for I don't know how long in a tool shed, so he never used them.

What are your guys opinions? I know it's best to try, but I just want a heads up.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
shit man, i ran my DR's at 16 psi and did a huge burnout with traction problems in first. if i was you id drop the PSI to 12 and you need to get those slicks nice and hot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online