bout to do the pi swap

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
alright tomorrow i will be buying most of the parts necessary to do the pi swap. finally got around to doing it. a cracked stock intake helped make up my mind. i already found a deal for complete romeo pi heads, brand new pi intake, and brand new ford head change kit for $550 shipped. then i just have to round up the rest of the gaskets and misc parts and im ready to rock :dancing6:

just out of curiosity which of these is it ok to reuse?

thermostat and oring
thermostat housing
heater hose
heater hose nipple
alternator braket
dipstick tube

96mod289

Reaction score
thermostat and oring--- thermostat can be reused probly best to replace the o-ring
thermostat housing - i dont know
heater hose---- vauge discription if it is the one off the back of the water pump then no. if the one in or out from the

heater core then i think that there is enough .

heater hose nipple-- i am guessing water pump nipple- you will need a new one along with "water pump tube"
alternator braket--- if you had a plastic water cross over then no
dipstick tube--- Buy a flexable one. if you even try to reuse the old one you will want to kill some body

you can go over to modulardepo.com and ask randy in parts what you will need he can tell you all that you will need ad give you ford part numbers too

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sweet man, you'll love that.

Good luck with the swap!

OP
OP
P

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
thanks i was just wondering if ill need anything else. about the alternator bracket, is it just the one off the 99+ mustang that i need?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's the same. you shouldn't need a different one.

Only other thing that comes to mind, is if you kit doesn't have front cover gaskets, you'll want those too.

96mod289

Reaction score
yea you will need the timing cover gasket and a tube of RVT silicone for a few spots. as for the bracket i think that it mentions somthing about it in the haynes manual . i thought is you have a alumin. crossover that you didnt need a new one (that is how it was for me) but if you have a plastic cross over then you need a diffrant one . you ac alway star the project and when you get to the bracket see if it will work other wise you will need a new one.

OP
OP
P

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
i was just wondering where you put the second temp sensor? did you tap it into the intake or did you put it in the side of your block?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I tapped mine, wich is fine if you want to buy the tap, it's pretty good size.

side of the block works too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online