Brackets/pulleys and Fox style timing cover???

Berter

Reaction score
Hey guys, putting my motor back to gather after replacing some valve seals. I absolutely hate the stock brackets/pulleys. Has anyone ran one of CVF Racing's kits? I was told by one of their reps that I'll need to change my timing cover to a fox style because of the water pump rotation. Do the fox timing covers have the same bolt patterns as the 94/95's? I've seen this conversion mentioned but nothing specific about what is needed to do it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, putting my motor back to gather after replacing some valve seals. I absolutely hate the stock brackets/pulleys. Has anyone ran one of CVF Racing's kits? I was told by one of their reps that I'll need to change my timing cover to a fox style because of the water pump rotation. Do the fox timing covers have the same bolt patterns as the 94/95's? I've seen this conversion mentioned but nothing specific about what is needed to do it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

You can use the timing cover. Same bolt pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Werecow

Reaction score
I'd be interested to know I'd there's some way to adapt any of those to fit my 351m? If the pulleys would just fit my crank, alternator, water pump,and power steering I could probably find a belt that's close enough to get an adjustment out if it..

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
the water pump rotation is different?

Yes. 94-95 mustang 5.0’s used a reverse flow water pump due to the design of the accessory brackets and radiator setup.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be interested to know I'd there's some way to adapt any of those to fit my 351m? If the pulleys would just fit my crank, alternator, water pump,and power steering I could probably find a belt that's close enough to get an adjustment out if it..

I’m not too familiar with the m block. I’d have to do some digging.

Werecow

Reaction score
Oooh crap... Didn't think about the reverse water flow pump... I've seen it done on a 460 in a 79 pickup but they used 2 belts on it.. I'll have to do more research on it.. just a thought anyhoo!!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You can’t use anything from the 94-95 accessories. The 351m which is basically a destroked 400m is considered a big block based on the 385. Uses the big block bellhousing and a totally different front assembly. On your motor the timing is recessed into the front of the block where the Windsor’s have the timing set mounted to the face of the block.

Werecow

Reaction score
Shit that's right!!! I forgot about the timing chain cover deal they made different!! It's all enclosed by the block instead of the aluminum housing that the pump bolts to...crappp.....well that's something else I'll just have to cypher out... Thank for the reminder!! You're handy to have around, I don't care what anyone else says!! LoL!!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Shit that's right!!! I forgot about the timing chain cover deal they made different!! It's all enclosed by the block instead of the aluminum housing that the pump bolts to...crappp.....well that's something else I'll just have to cypher out... Thank for the reminder!! You're handy to have around, I don't care what anyone else says!! LoL!!

Ignore Broseph and Scott. They like to think their life missions is to razz me around the clock. [emoji38]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online