brake caliper color

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can't decide. I am tired of the standard red but now that its time to pick a color Idunno..... I think I am down for doing something funky but not sure how funky. Looking at different custom powder colors there are some cool choices. What would you recomend for a DFG car with hyper silver ROR Modena wheels at the moment. I have considered getting the centers of the wheels done a custom color as well and not sure if I should match it to the wheel or go with an off color. Part of me wants to match the wheel centers to the body color, part of me still wants to go a bright copper.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I liked the copper options that were in the thread you made about this when you first were trying to decide.

Cpotts13

Reaction score
What brakes are you running? I wouldn't want to draw attention to tiny OEM brakes. If they're big boys then Id suggest a purple color...

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was going to go with cobra but after that video of the vette going through the fence I decided to upgrade and I am going baer. So far the rear will be here tomorrow as I found a set of ss4's that had a damaged finish on one of them. I don't mind that as it gives the option to go custom and if I get the fronts I want, a nice bright/loud color would only really be in order honestly....

really like this color...
http://www.prismaticpowders.com/gallery/detail/8116/Prismatic-Trans-Copper-II/

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Platinum?

15ewh21.jpg

copper

30a6mv7.jpg

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
lol Bob, we posted at the same time. I agree with Bob's second pic :)

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think the Copper and DFG would pop.

If I didn't already have the red Wilwood kit I would order one in copper.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
So what about wheel color vs caliper color? same/different? I have also considered just polishing them since I have the materials and would be starting with stripping them anyway. But I have to say I really like the lighter/brighter copper color and think the wheels and calipers the same color would be pretty striking.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
and now who else has the prismatic powders showing up on all the adds?

These are the wheels since its been a while. I kinda like the idea of doing the wheels the bright copper, polishing the calipers and then doing the letters in copper.
wheels5609771431193325-1a1f0d80fd.jpg

az%20copper.jpg

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
and now who else has the prismatic powders showing up on all the adds?

These are the wheels since its been a while. I kinda like the idea of doing the wheels the bright copper, polishing the calipers and then doing the letters in copper.
wheels5609771431193325-1a1f0d80fd.jpg

az%20copper.jpg

damn i love those wheels!!

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yers ain't too shabby either and hell if I had known you were selling the bonspeeds I mighta..... They have been in the basement waiting for the day to get the call up to the garage. Looking at the pic of them is a tad depressing as I am dying to see them on, with the brakes finished behind them.

The more I look at it the more I like the idea of the centers being like this.
db_file_img_17253_1200xauto.jpg

That is a candy over a raw machined surface there. Makes me wonder how much different it would be if they put it over the silver that is on there if they could. Seems like it could be scuffed lightly/cleaned and then shot but I am not a powder expert. But do the wheel and the baer letters in this color and polish the hell out of the calipers.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Candy's are a bit transparent so over silver it might look a lil lighter, which I think would look good.

Those wheels with polished lip and polished cals ..... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Candy's are a bit transparent so over silver it might look a lil lighter, which I think would look good.

Those wheels with polished lip and polished cals ..... :thumbsup:

The more I think about it the more I like it. Like you said the polished lip and the polished calipers with copper letters and center wheels I think would play nicely with each other. Ups can't get here quick enough today with the brakes I am dying to start stripping/polishing.... The wheels will have to wait as after I get the fronts I will be tapped out for a little while And go figure the girl I have been waiting to get a divorce is getting a divorce, and wants to get lunch today too. Work might be delayed....

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The wheels will have to wait as after I get the fronts I will be tapped out for a little while And go figure the girl I have been waiting to get a divorce is getting a divorce, and wants to get lunch today too. Work might be delayed....

Whats 3 minutes longer going to hurt?

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea and then she stood me up. Wasn't disappointed at all as it meant I got to play with my new brakes. A little.... I was aware of the damage to the one caliper but it never mentioned anything about missing all the little parts..... I got two rotors, two calipers, and thats it. I mean it can all be replaced I am sure but by the time you add those parts up I will be back at the new price for a damaged set. So I sent an note to [MENTION=19977]carid[/MENTION] who I got them through and we will see what they say. Heck I already have them masked off to start stripping them so hopefully we can figure something out.
ba9f438f-52fe-4f68-bc09-a1785e45c786.jpg

I got none of the other parts shown here.
ss4%20rb%20w%20park-Web.jpg

nice stuff and I thought it was an ok deal being a few hundred bucks off for the damage but like I said I am sure all those little parts added up will cover that in no time. Anyone dealt with Carid here before?

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
dang so like I said I sent an email to carid on ebay and because I was dying to know what was all missing I called up baer and talked to them. From the banksia parking brake assembly, brake cables and lines, fittings and hardware is only slightly north of $800. Suddenly this was not a good deal at all. It looks like someone got the kit and slapped them on, literally only to find out that the wheels they had where wrong. Took some of it back off and back in the box and returned it. Who ever the receiving clerk was that took these back and didn't go through the parts, as well as who ever put the add on ebay not listing it as incomplete screwed up so hopefully I will not end up eating it......... Damn ya ever been looking forward to something for a long time to find out that it isn't gonna work? Screwed up my whole weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online