brake caliper color

RedTwilight

Reaction score
Hydro dip them carbon fiber!

But I think the copper would look great for both the calipers and wheel centers. Just don't go changing the color every 2 weeks like Toby!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hey now no picking on tommy and his color ocd. I could see myself resembling that one day....

I was going to go with a darker more muted copper color but now after upgrading the brakes suddenly I like the brighter copper colors more. For the moment I think the hyper silver will go really well with the CF accents and the polished calipers and lips will be nice. Now unfortunately I have not seen a hydrodipped CF pattern that I liked after playing with the real stuff. Speaking of I hope to get back into the diffuser shortly this last hospital stay/med change really threw me for a loop and its taken for ever to get back on my feet.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ok well caid responded and offered what I am sure they thought was generous and said they would give $100 back.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no...

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was cleaning the garage and could not help but dream a little and wonder what it would look like.
IMG_20160409_133343686.jpg

well down right f'n sexy if ya ask me. The hyper silver is brighter in the picture in person its more of a graphite color or a little darker
IMG_20160409_133732711.jpg

13" rotor 19x11" wheel

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it was new. Well kinda.... it looks like someone got the kit and didn't realize their wheels would not work, and tried to muscle the wheel on. How someone installs a set like this and is not watching the clearance between the caliper and the wheel is beyond me but..... Then it looks like they just threw the big parts back in the box and sent it back. Carid probably checked them for damage and they went into the clearance pile before they checked all the little parts. I am sure no one thought it was 8-900 worth of parts in that little accesory box I know I was surprised....

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's a bummer.

you going to file a complaint with ebay and send em back?

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
at the moment I am just dealing with them. As far as I am concerned the add was not as it represented the product. They have other adds for the same product with the only difference being that they have more detailed pics of the damaged calipers on this one but it also still had baers pic of a complete kit just like their other adds. Its all worded the same way so unless all their kits are missing the $900 worth of extras needed to mount it then idunno. I hope that they realize they will either have to mark this kit down far enough that someone can get the parts and repair the damage, or buy the parts which I am sure is cheaper for them. With out it this is just two calipers and two rotors that can't be mounted.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ah damn. no baer for me... They responded that I need to return the set and they will credit my account. :(

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the brembos just seem like a mullet of the braking world with the big beautiful brembo up front and then out back....... Sure its better then the cobra and the cobra R's rocked them but if I am going to upgrade my brakes, I am going to upgrade my brakes. That is the same reason I didn't go wilwood as I am not going to "upgrade" to a single piston caliper out back and that is all they offer for the rear.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea that is what I am talking about if I wanted a single piston caliper, I don't need to pay for a premium brand. while I have generally been more show then go I would love to hit a track and have some fun.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
IRS offers more brake options?

I can't say how disappointed this entire transaction was with [MENTION=19977]carid[/MENTION]. Trying to save a few bucks on what I thought was a good deal that turned out not to be. All they said was send it back and they will send me the forms. I dried to get them to reconsider and get the parts at their cost and mail them but they just want the kid back. Not sure why they will either end eating it big time to mark it down enought o justify damaged/missing parts or they will buy the parts and try again.

So am I just being a dick? They had a BS add that ended up being completely wrong and was a horrible deal. Sure its great they will take it back as that seems like the very least they should do but that mean me repacking and labeling and then finding the closest ups spot is 20 mins away. Oh and on teh RA papaerwork they wanted me to sign a contract saying that everything was in the box and undamaged. No, sorry I marked that out and wrote in that everything in the box as I recieved it including missing and brr, but after trying up $1k for almost 2 weeks I would have to think a 10-20% off coupon be one way I could consider them again.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ah thanks but I don't have 99-04 cobra nor IRS. After some digging I have read some mixed reactions about wilwood as well

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
You don't have to have a cobra. Just an IRS. You can swap it..
What you hear about wilwood

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online