Brake Caliper Piston pushing tool?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I'm 90% done rebuilding my cobra brakes, the only thing left is to push the pistons back in and paint the calipers. Now I've bought 3 different c-clamps, used old brake pads, wood, pieces of metal, nothing has worked so far. Someone mentioned to me that there's a special piston pushing tool for this? Can someone link me to exactly what I need please and thank you!

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
yes there is a tool for it. I borrowed/rented mine from vatozone.

I went to the one by me. The idiot tried to make me buy a ****ing spring compressor. I literally laughed in his face, I was like you're joking right? Nah man this is it I'm telling you! I said where do I fit the brake caliper in there? Got all quiet lol. I even showed him a picture of the tool on their website.

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Question: is this for the fronts or the rears? Fronts just push in with a c clamp, rears there is a special tool to rent from the parts store.

kb1982

Reaction score
^^^^Bingo. The rears are a little different from fronts because of the parking brake mechanism.

lutter94

Reaction score
It's easiest to push and turn the rears in, 3/8 ratchet and extension with that cube, but bolt the caliper back on the car with no rotor. It anchors it really well

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Fronts! Sorry I should've specified. I've used c-clamps with old brake pads. didn't work for me

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Fronts! Sorry I should've specified. I've used c-clamps with old brake pads. didn't work for me

Try one of those table mounted vise... but honestly mine slid in super easy... they shouldn't be to difficult...

1Fine99

Reaction score

Did you lubricate the pistons at all? When I rebuilt my Cobra calipers I lubricated the pistons with brake fluid and they slid in with only moderate pressure.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Try one of those table mounted vise... but honestly mine slid in super easy... they shouldn't be to difficult...

Did you lubricate the pistons at all? When I rebuilt my Cobra calipers I lubricated the pistons with brake fluid and they slid in with only moderate pressure.

I'm an idiot lol. I lubed up the pistons and o-rings, they slid right in! Shoulda figured that out a month ago lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online

No members online now.