brake caliper removal?

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
to remove the brake caliper you just loosen the 2 nuts behind the caliper right? These things are a bitch to get off

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
I will answer this after I do mine next weekend. The store had to special order my brake pads and rotors.

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
im trying to get them off right now, and theres only 2 bolts behind them, i wd40'd the crap out of them and they are still not budging, anyone got any good ideas, im trying to install my pro kit right now and this brake caliper is being ghey

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
yes those are the bolts and they can be a bitch, i turned the wheel to the right for the left side and to the left on the right side and used a breaker bar.

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
you have to disconnect the sway bar too right? would it be better from the top or the bottom?

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
bigjohnson4.6gt said:
im trying to get them off right now, and theres only 2 bolts behind them, i wd40'd the crap out of them and they are still not budging, anyone got any good ideas, im trying to install my pro kit right now and this brake caliper is being ghey

Cheater bar.

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
i used a breaker bar on them, and they still are not going to budge, i gave up on taking the caliper off, now im trying to disconnect the sway bar so they strut can just drop.......all these bolts are so rusted, uber ghey

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i never took the sway bar off. try something better than wd40 a local autoparts store should have some liquid wrench.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
SilverSol said:
DFG_Pimpin said:
you have the right size torx socket right?

DFG....what's up with your sig?

you dont like my 300 inspired sig...what, do you use red sauce on pasta... :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
SilverSol said:
DFG_Pimpin said:
SilverSol said:
DFG_Pimpin said:

DFG....what's up with your sig?

you dont like my 300 inspired sig...what, do you use red sauce on pasta... :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

That's funny.... :hammer:

Not really funny. But then again I haven't seen it so I'm an idiot for posting this stupid comment.

94Vert

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:

Their not torx, it's like 15 mm or close to it. Don't remove the torx bolts

ck5.0

Reaction score
Mine were a damn pain in the ass. I had to stop trying for like an hour, compose myself and then try again. You really really need a breaker bar for them.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
94Vert said:
DFG_Pimpin said:

Their not torx, it's like 15 mm or close to it. Don't remove the torx bolts

or really, you are giving bad advice their boss...it is a torx and if i remember its a 50 or a 55. and ill put $100 on it that its a torx...unless my stock 96 brakes are special. :rollinglaugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online