Brake Pads

chris91

Reaction score
Okay so I haven't bought a quality brake pad in it seems like forever. Currently looking for pads to go with my 13" Cobras up front with Baer drilled and slotted Decelarotors and the same out back but GT pads since it's just the Baer 13" Bolt On Kit. Car is mainly a street car that gets driven hard. What pad would you recommend and where are you buying them?

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I typically use Hawk - there are a couple street versions that would work for you. I buy them where ever I find them cheapest - Amazon, online retailer, etc.

OP
OP
chris91

chris91

Reaction score
They have a few different pads for street cars just not sure which I should go with. I want something that's not going to let off a ton of dust and something that won't glaze over with a high speed pull or two.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They have a few different pads for street cars just not sure which I should go with. I want something that's not going to let off a ton of dust and something that won't glaze over with a high speed pull or two.

HPS, Sir.

wmfateam

Reaction score
I would suggest the updated 5.0 pad if you go Hawk. EBC yellows are a solid street pad that can take a track day or two as well.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
chris91

chris91

Reaction score
I've had a couple people tell me not to worry about getting a high dollar pad for the rears since they aren't used as much? I have no problem buying them for all four corners but if it's pointless than why spend the extra ya know?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
just put a good coat of oil on the rotors so the pads will last longer ;p

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've had a couple people tell me not to worry about getting a high dollar pad for the rears since they aren't used as much? I have no problem buying them for all four corners but if it's pointless than why spend the extra ya know?

Personally, I like to keep the same pads all around to keep it balanced (the only exception is when racing, and only then because the fronts get waaay hotter than the rears). Look at it this way - the rears will last quite a while, so put a good pad on it and it will still last quite a while. You really aren't spending that much more extra anyway. It's your car and thus your call; I personally keep the same pad on all 4 corners.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Hawk HPS has worked well for me for tens of thousands of miles...No problem with dust as far as I am concerned...I wax my wheels & usually a quick spray and a microfibre towel is all I need. I don't use the ceramic pads because they don't stop as well according to Hawk's ratings of their pads. The new 5.0 pads I am not familiar with...if they stop better than the HPS I'd give them a look.

Love them Baer Decelarotors!

IMG_0120_1.jpg

Magic

Reaction score
Ive used Hawk HPS, Stop Tech Sport, and EBC (Ultimax and Green Stuff) on various vehicles. All work really good. The one pad I would probably not buy again are the Power Stop Z23 Evolution Sport pads. These pads would have an annoying squeal when hot (daily driving duties). They were on a 2014 Santa Fe 2.0T. I swapped them out for Hawk HPS 5.0. No complaints since.

On my Cobra, Im currently running the Stop Tech Sport pads.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online