Brake Recommendations

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Those are not the rotors that currently come with the wildwood kits
Really? I didnt special order them or anything..just picked up the kit and ordered through summit.

sent from the toilet or from my cubicle

95opal

Reaction score
You wont have a parking brake with a 4p caliper in the rear.

Yes you can have an internal parking brake with a 4 pot set up.

This thread is starting to become a cluster **** of bad info ....Im out

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score

Weird. Considering that info was taking from wilwood and their dealers. I guess you can blame them. You can offer some of your expert knowledge instead of throwing a fit.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Oh btw, wilwood 4piston brakes can have a parking brake with the "interal shoe system". None of which is offered as a kit for our cars. And a quick search of wilwoods website shows that my kit is still offered with the same rotor..hmmmm...bad info....

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score

No need to get mad about it. There is a lot of bad info even on the manf sites that just might not have been updated since changes were made or someone figured out that it would fit on their own. I mean correct me if I am wrong but I thought you were the one that said Baer doesn't have a 14" rear SS4 brake set up until I pointed out that it is not listed on Baer's site but it is on carID and they were more then happy to set me up with the 14" rears when I called baer to order them? Educate not alienate my man you are a wealth of knowledge and we love when you share with us to know the truth.

95opal

Reaction score
Oh btw, wilwood 4piston brakes can have a parking brake with the "interal shoe system". None of which is offered as a kit for our cars. And a quick search of wilwoods website shows that my kit is still offered with the same rotor..hmmmm...bad info....

So your sayin if its not in a kit its not available? Brakes are brakes as long as you know what rear you have and what brake offset you have, you can buy stuff in pieces and put it together.

no wildwood does not sell a 4 pot "KIT": for a sn 8.8 but that doesn't mean you cant find what you need to make your own kit.

yes B mad Im sure you can still get that rotor that you have but it isn't made in a 14"

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score

Yes well I "can" put almost anything into the car with enough work and duct tape but any links on to where info about this is? I know when I looked the combination of the small caliper and then the lack of the parking brake from what I saw didn't even allow them in the running at that point.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
So your sayin if its not in a kit its not available? Brakes are brakes as long as you know what rear you have and what brake offset you have, you can buy stuff in pieces and put it together.

no wildwood does not sell a 4 pot "KIT": for a sn 8.8 but that doesn't mean you cant find what you need to make your own kit.

yes B mad Im sure you can still get that rotor that you have but it isn't made in a 14"

Of course it CAN be available if someone attempted to make it. Fact is, none have (at least from what i've seen), others say it isnt worth the money. All you need to do is retrofit that shoe system to the brake kit and tada. Most likely that will change the offset, MOST LIKELY. Not everyone has the ability to custom make such kit, or have the knowledge about the brake offsets. And remember, we are talking about kits, not what can be done. If you talk about what can be done, the options are endless.

And yes, you are right, there are not offered in 14" kits, and i dont think they ever did. But if you recall you said "The minute you hit the brakes the black coating is worn away and it will only be black in the dimples or slots", in which i responded with "Not really. I have Wilwoods on my 72, and they came with black rotors. 4 years later, they are still black. Not as black, but definitely not grey like my 94 rotors.". Perhaps bad communication on both of our parts, since we misunderstood each other's responses.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Yes well I "can" put almost anything into the car with enough work and duct tape but any links on to where info about this is? I know when I looked the combination of the small caliper and then the lack of the parking brake from what I saw didn't even allow them in the running at that point.

Check out the link below. Its rear kits that Wilwood offers with the following rear axle flanges. DO NOT CLICK THE 8.8 for the 94-04 mustangs, you wont find anything. But if you search around the page for the kit you'll see the internal shoe system on some kits, which looks like a drum set up. Baer has the same system. You will need to see the diagram and design lay out for the kit. Wilwood doesnt seem to offer the shoe separate, which makes me think youll need to out source the system from a different manufacture, or call Wilwood directly and inquire about the possibility of having it made.

http://wilwood.com/BrakeKits/BrakeKitAxleFlange.aspx

dlarsen

Reaction score
How about the Stop Tech Trophy Sport Kit for the SN95/New Edge?

Here's a link to the Stoptech page that describes the Trophy Brakes http://www.stoptech.com/products/big-brake-kits/trophy-sport

The part number is 83.328.4700.R1, search google with the part number.

Best of all is the price........$2,040.00..........

I was looking for 14 inch brakes and saw them advertised for $2,150, called a couple of Stoptech vendors to confirm the price and got them for $2,040.00 shipped.

Don't know how long this will last so if you are on the fence this is a great deal.

If you want the name of the vendor shoot me a PM, I don't what the mods mad at me because the vendor isn't a forum sponsor.

I'm sure one of the vendors who sells Stoptech should be able to sell for near the same price.

stoptech-trophy-big-brake-kit-for-cobra-front-833284700r1.jpg
stoptech-trophy-big-brake-kit-for-cobra-front-833284700r1%20brackets.jpg

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
The ones in the pic are what arrived today. 14" 6 piston pro up front and 13" SS4's in back and their master cylinder. the polishing will begin later tonight.

You dont have to upgrade the master cylinder for 96+ because we have hydroboost right?

95opal

Reaction score
No need to get mad about it. There is a lot of bad info even on the manf sites that just might not have been updated since changes were made or someone figured out that it would fit on their own. I mean correct me if I am wrong but I thought you were the one that said Baer doesn't have a 14" rear SS4 brake set up until I pointed out that it is not listed on Baer's site but it is on carID and they were more then happy to set me up with the 14" rears when I called baer to order them? Educate not alienate my man you are a wealth of knowledge and we love when you share with us to know the truth.

come on Scott Im almost 50.... no time to waist being mad about mis info just wont sit around and get involved. It just kind of crazy that people wont do the leg work involved if something isn't listed as a bolt on kit. I mean how many people put together there own hci? but wont look at every other part of the build in the same light. In all honesty I wont even look at mustang sites period when Im shopping for parts. In fact I have found that most if not all mustang sites really cater to the bolt on builder or to the general back yard tool around guy. Not much out of the mainstream is being done to these cars anymore. In general the mustang game has went into deep depression as far as fresh ideas and direction. For the most part its become bolt on builds and copycats. One of the main reasons I wont post in my build thread anymore .... I do the homework... the leg work... prototyping and fabrication and bam two weeks later you get some assclown boasting on IG how they came up with this cool idea. So basically just keeping my work my own till the car is up and running. Let the rest of the field do a little leg work for once, Im tired of shedding the light for the lazy bastards who cant think for themselves...

BTW the baers look good on your car, did you safety wire the rotors? and for the record Body color on the lettering... but that's just me Im subtle lol

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
95Opal, your post is very frustrating to read. I am a fan of your silver saleen sn95 but man not everyone has the time, will-power, or fabrication skills to build their SN95 as a one off custom or even do custom work to stand out in the crowd. I guess there is a reason why some parts cost 10x price because we have people on IG hoarding export tail lights, folding mirrors, or whatever it may be. I believe the forum will always be a stable environment where we can share ideas and help each other but locking knowledge to yourself doesn't help anyone. If I know some type of information that will help a fellow stanger I will tell them what to do to the best of my knowledge, not everyone is lazy...they just don't have the resources like others to get the job done. I know me being a engineer in the IT field I barely have time to do stuff to my car so I have to pay sometimes to get my parts installed. I understand where your coming from and people need to give credit where its do but we are not "lazee's" chillen waiting for the next big thing in the mustang world and gloat like we are originals.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online