Brake Upgrade using S197 GT calipers & GT500 14" rotors (Available Now)

RustyRodder

Reaction score
Very nice! Id replace my cobra's with these, but I dont think they would clear my wheels.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Might want to include on the site that the 14" rotors will not clear 17" wheels. I would've loved to run these on mine since I still haven't got around to putting my dual piston calipers on but oh well. I'm glad to hear the kit worked well during testing.

1bad95

Reaction score
Tried going back thru the thread and did not see, can the gt brembos from the new coyotes also be used with this setup or only the regular 2 piston calipers.

Excellent work guys! Was gonna do a cobra brake kit but I do think I am going to be rethinking that now!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

RustyRodder

Reaction score
Allright, So how do these compare to the Mach 1 brakes? I ended up getting a full front take off kit for 100 bucks, so this may happen. IF it clears my AZA wheels.

MadStang

Reaction score
Allright, So how do these compare to the Mach 1 brakes? I ended up getting a full front take off kit for 100 bucks, so this may happen. IF it clears my AZA wheels.

In short, they have a lot stronger bite and absolutely zero fade in harsh conditions. I worked my brakes at the last event and they still kept asking for more. They are much better and cheaper replacement to cobras.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Brett, Pete, will this pre-order special be available till late Thursday (well tonight) or Friday night? I get paid this week.... I'm SERIOUSLY considering these for race car build.... Only thing stopping me is I like my 17's :confused1:

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Brett, Pete, will this pre-order special be available till late Thursday (well tonight) or Friday night? I get paid this week.... I'm SERIOUSLY considering these for race car build.... Only thing stopping me is I like my 17's :confused1:

Yessir

1bad95

Reaction score
Just wanted to double check as I looked back thru and didn't see, will this bracket work to be able to run the factory brembo's from a coyote or just the factory regular 2 pistons? Thanks guys! Can't wait to get to doing my brakes and ordering up these brackets!

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Just wanted to double check as I looked back thru and didn't see, will this bracket work to be able to run the factory brembo's from a coyote or just the factory regular 2 pistons? Thanks guys! Can't wait to get to doing my brakes and ordering up these brackets!

You can run the factory 2 piston with 14" rotor, and theoretically the 4pot brembos with 15" rotors. Kit for brembos on 14" rotors is next

Sent from Tapatalk for iPhone

1bad95

Reaction score
Awesome! I think the brembos with 14s is where it's at. Although I guess the 15" should fit under an 18" rim I'd think.

RichV

Reaction score
How about a bracket for the Brembos for 20" rotors! That will be awesome!

Seriously tho, a bracket for the Brembos for 13" rotors. Not sure if clearances/mounting points are even possible, but the Brembo S197 calipers can be had relatively cheap.

Why do 13" when 14" is an option? Some race class rules do not allow it. Could a dual purpose caliper bracket be made, so you could flip the bracket and have options for maybe a 13" or a 14", or 14/15? Or would that affect strength?

Got my tow hook BTW. Thanks!!

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
How about a bracket for the Brembos for 20" rotors! That will be awesome!

Seriously tho, a bracket for the Brembos for 13" rotors. Not sure if clearances/mounting points are even possible, but the Brembo S197 calipers can be had relatively cheap.

Why do 13" when 14" is an option? Some race class rules do not allow it. Could a dual purpose caliper bracket be made, so you could flip the bracket and have options for maybe a 13" or a 14", or 14/15? Or would that affect strength?

Got my tow hook BTW. Thanks!!

I'll look into all that, the challenge is clearance of the stock lug mounts.

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Last day to preorder is today! :headbang:

Price goes up tomorrow :nono:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members