Brakes are dragging after being replaced.

Link224

Reaction score
I replaced the rotors and pads on my 02 GT recently and while I was doing that I decided to paint my hubs and wheel liners. Not my first brake job but after I put it all back together both front pads where dragging like they were hanging up but I had no issue with the pistons going in and the brake lines are not clogged. Could my wheel speed sensors getting paint on them cause the brakes to hang up? I wouldn’t think both calipers would go at the same time in less it’s possible the master cylinder? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It's the stock proportioning valve, crack the lines at the block and bleed off the residual pressure.

OP
OP
Link224

Link224

Reaction score
CF6CF77E-68B5-48B3-B38E-C003BCBD8089.jpeg Got any easy tips for cracking these lines? And this is what I’m looking at right?

Reaction score
I don't want to insult you but sometimes simple things can be overlooked. The piston may turn back in freely but if the slides are dry and corroded the caliper will hang and not work as it should. Just a thought, let us know how it works out.

OP
OP
Link224

Link224

Reaction score
I don't want to insult you but sometimes simple things can be overlooked. The piston may turn back in freely but if the slides are dry and corroded the caliper will hang and not work as it should. Just a thought, let us know how it works out.
No insult at all! I’ve done brakes on several vehicles but this is the first time I’ve had an issue like this. I will check all these suggestions and let you know what I come up with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online

No members online now.