brakes - what do you dream of?

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
14' fronts, 13' rears ... not that it helps you as my entire rear is so far from stock it would be like comparing a honda to a Ferrari

BTW if your looking to run 4pots out back youll need to run c-clip eliminators or change up the rear completely. I wouldnt advise running eliminators for a street car.

I am building my car as i go, i am going with the full MM setup in the rear (i am about 3/4s there). Also going with the t2r diff. Is that what you mean by not being near stock? haha. Are the rears 6p or 4p? Do you have ABS? If so, what year and model of the car? Or are you running a proportioning valve? If so, which one? and why is C-clip eliminators not recommended on a street car?

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
and how are wilwood for the street?

nitroram33

Reaction score
sddefault.jpg

95opal

Reaction score
I am building my car as i go, i am going with the full MM setup in the rear (i am about 3/4s there). Also going with the t2r diff. Is that what you mean by not being near stock? haha. Are the rears 6p or 4p? Do you have ABS? If so, what year and model of the car? Or are you running a proportioning valve? If so, which one? and why is C-clip eliminators not recommended on a street car?

My fronts are 6pots and the rears are 4 pots. The problem with the c clip elims is that they are notorious for leaking. Also the problem with most 4 pot set ups is the nrake off set is 2,5 while the sb95 has a 3,25 offset which makes it almost impossible to find a 4pot kit to work with the standard sn95 rear. My set up works because I have narrowed my rear and ordered the correct length axles to give me the 2.5 off set needed and Im running 9" ends. So like I said unless your going to modify the rear housing and getting custom length shafts youll be hard pressed to find a 4pot set up to work unless you have custom brackets made up. BTW no ABS and yes running a wildwood valve. My entire braking system is wilwood including master and lines

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
My fronts are 6pots and the rears are 4 pots. The problem with the c clip elims is that they are notorious for leaking. Also the problem with most 4 pot set ups is the nrake off set is 2,5 while the sb95 has a 3,25 offset which makes it almost impossible to find a 4pot kit to work with the standard sn95 rear. My set up works because I have narrowed my rear and ordered the correct length axles to give me the 2.5 off set needed and Im running 9" ends. So like I said unless your going to modify the rear housing and getting custom length shafts youll be hard pressed to find a 4pot set up to work unless you have custom brackets made up. BTW no ABS and yes running a wildwood valve. My entire braking system is wilwood including master and lines
Custom brackets wouldn't be so bad. But naa...baer has a 4p rear set up. So i may just get that setup and eliminate my abs

sent from the toilet or from my cubicle

RichV

Reaction score

How did you dial in this setup and how does it work on the street or track?

95opal

Reaction score
Custom brackets wouldn't be so bad. But naa...baer has a 4p rear set up. So i may just get that setup and eliminate my abs

sent from the toilet or from my cubicle

The only problem with the ss4 set up is its only a 12" rotor. If your running a 14" 6pot upfront I would look at the 13"pro rear set up.

How did you dial in this setup and how does it work on the street or track?

Rich the car isnt complete yet, but when it is I will start by measuring both front and rear maximum brake pressure. From there I will adjust the rears down to a little under half of full pressure. Once that is done I will do 35mph-0 stops to see where the brakes are locking up. Once I get the rears to lock up slightly after the fronts Ill increase to 65mph stops until I achieve the same lock up pattern.

Baer has their own master cylinder with the valve built in now.
http://baer.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1

wrong link https://baer.com/Remaster.html
Just remember to order the correct bore for whatever brake set up you go with

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
The only problem with the ss4 set up is its only a 12" rotor. If your running a 14" 6pot upfront I would look at the 13"pro rear set up.

Rich the car isnt complete yet, but when it is I will start by measuring both front and rear maximum brake pressure. From there I will adjust the rears down to a little under half of full pressure. Once that is done I will do 35mph-0 stops to see where the brakes are locking up. Once I get the rears to lock up slightly after the fronts Ill increase to 65mph stops until I achieve the same lock up pattern.

wrong link https://baer.com/Remaster.html
Just remember to order the correct bore for whatever brake set up you go with

The only problem with the pro set up is that its a 6p caliper. the SS4 with 13" rotor is exactly half of the 14" pro+ setup. So i can just contact baer and see if i can get a 13" rather than a 12". What is the correlation between the master cylinder size vs the brake set up? if i run the 13" pro+ in the rear and 14" pro+ in the front, which master cylinder should i have? size wise.

RedTwilight

Reaction score
The problem with the c clip elims is that they are notorious for leaking.

I've been lucky so far then. I've had Strange c-clip elims on my notch for almost 2 years now of street and strip driving.
No leaks yet. I did make sure that the end of the housing was cut off square and flat. Also used good RTV and allowed it to setup before adding fluid.

RichV

Reaction score
I know c-clip eliminators are NOT recommended for road racing. Side loads being the reason, straight line cars are fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online