BRAKES????

SUTHRNSTANG97GT

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with my brakes on my 97' GT, I've replaced all calipars, rotors, pads, master cylinder, and proportining valve and for some reason my front brakes keep locking up after pumping the brakes a few times, after driveing and braking for awhile I have to crack the bleeders in the front to let the pressure off so the front end wont lock up. thanks for any help.

S

scarface

I had that problem on an old Mazda..my culprit was collapsing rubber brake lines. They looked great from the outside, but the inside were compressing

S

scarface

If you even consider my theory, all you have to do is take the brake line off and see if you can blow through it.

OP
OP
S

SUTHRNSTANG97GT

Reaction score
I'm just gonna replace the front hoses tomarrow and see what happens , because someone else told me the same thing, Thanks.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
dont replace it with stock.. get soem SS lines..

u replaced it all? shoulda gone with the cobra brake set if u already replaced it all man... just a thought..

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yah if your still getting the problem its a good excuse to upgrade to cobra stuff and SS lines, I did not only it looks awesome but i cant get over how well it brakes!

Pennywise2

Reaction score
Wow.. what a great excuse to upgrade to a Cobra or Bullitt
brake kit.

ALITL8

Reaction score
ive got 2 sets of cobra calipers w/ brackets i'll be installing on our stangs at some point. need to find the right price on some rotors and lines first... any ideas?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
ive got 2 sets of cobra calipers w/ brackets i'll be installing on our stangs at some point. need to find the right price on some rotors and lines first... any ideas?

i think you can get 13" Brembos from Advance auto or just stock cobra replacements and just give them your stockers as a core. Well at least you should be able to, i have a frined that used to work for Autozone and is gonna get me some calipers and he has a friend at advance that can get me the cobra rotors and use my stockers as the core return.

ALITL8

Reaction score
what i'd like to do is get the slotted rear GT rotors and upgrade to the slotted Cobra stuff up front. i want everything to match when i do the swap!

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
just buy a set of brembo slotted (and cross drilled if u want) that are meant for the cobra... thats all u gotta do.. 13'' up front and 11.25? out back..
and for pads.. hawk(am i wrong?) makes some of the best.. and if u can get some high performance ones(slotted)... if not just get ones that dont leave alot of break dust lol..
and deff get SS break lines... yes.. god i want them..
are u saying ur not switching the back brakes to cobras as well?

ALITL8

Reaction score
Shifty Powers said:
are u saying ur not switching the back brakes to cobras as well?

yes, thats what im saying... just gonna swap the fronts. i priced it all out on one site but forgot where i was looking :dunno:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
169+125=$294 and i get both sets. dont really need to upgrade the rear brakes... its mostly for looks anyway ;D

13" all the way around FTW 8)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online