Break brake bake?

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
What brake upgrades are out there for a decent price. Like what about s197 brakes or something? I have a 95 gts btw

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Orange,
The kit he linked to was developed by my company FTR and is a very high performance yet economical option. Its the same kit that @iroush / BTM Autosport is running on his 99 roush, and we have gotten very good feedback on it.

The configuration is 14" GT500 rotors with s197 calipers, and it does require the use of 18" wheels.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you want 17" wheels, the Cobra/Bullitt/Mach 1 brakes aren't too bad cost-wise.

OP
OP
R

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
Yeah id like to keep my 17s plus with drag racing I run a 15 in the rear so idk what I'm going to do. Id rather not buy new wheels and tires to go with my brakes lol

OP
OP
R

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
A guy here locally has bullit brakes with calipers pads and slotted rotors for 350. Is that a good deal?

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Assuming they are in good, working shape that's not a bad deal - it's a little under half-off if you source them new. An example of new ones would be from LMR (link) and those go for like $600 or so. You also might be able to find Bullitts/Mach 1's floating around online at some not as well-known stores.

If you are trying to fit a 15" wheel in the rear, you are probably better off keeping the stockers in the rear and just upgrading the pad (I think it'll fit a 15" but have not personally done it). The Cobra/Bullitt/Mach 1's in the rear will need a 17" wheel (though maybe a 16" might fit, not sure?). 17" min up front for sure with the Cobra/Bullitt/Mach 1s.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think I have a set of cobra calipers I could part with for a fair deal. They need paint and rebuilt but that would probably be wise for any used brakes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online