breaking shit your first run of the night sucks! pic inside

95fiveoh

Reaction score
Well i took the hour and fifteen min drive to the nearest track (gateway in stl) and due to some bad storms and nascar shit going on the track has'nt been open in over a week. well would'nt you know it they didnt think they needed to prep the track and when i pulled up there was NO grove! i looked and everything was shinny black and i couldnt see any flat lines to get in so i took my best guess and headed into the lights, i came out as hard as i could and it spun like i was on ice,(keep in mind i'm rinning 325/50/15 mickeys in the rear w/ a spool and full suspension) at about the 330' mark the car started loading up and i realized i had no boost or power steering so i thought i had just thrown the belt no big deal. when i costed off the track i saw that my overflow was leaking and i checked it out and it had a crack in the plastic where something had hit it. i thought damn i didnt think the belt could do that. my crew came to the top end w/ the trailer and told me something big dropped out from under my car, they said it looked like a poolie. sure enough when i looked the crank poolie and balencer were missing. :mad: the balencer snapped in half and was spinning around on the track. i'm replacing it w/ a SFI one and hopefully thats all that went wrong.
here is a pic i took w/ my phone:
balencer.jpg

OP
OP

95fiveoh

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
crap man that sucks but it could of been worse...I guess?

ps: you got a pic with those meats in the rear? :D
i'm not sure if i do, i'll look around and if i don't i'll take one and post it up soon

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
I'm the undisputed heavyweight champion of breakin shit first run . . . . but I break much bigger things than pulleys . . lol

r_suh

Reaction score
at least you got to go down the track. i went out to the local 1/4 track near where i am and it got rained out before i even got to make a run.... i paid my fees.. was all excited.. would have rather ran the track with something breaking.. sucks to be me on that day. :dance:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, that's crazy!
I've never seen one break, but I dont hang around with truuble.

Good luck on your next run.

ALITL8

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
I've never seen one break, but I dont hang around with truuble.

:rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

TRUUBLEism: if it breaks, upgrade :thumb:

S

scarface

dang that sux....That was one of the first things I upgraded cause I was scared of that very thing happening.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online