Bright Blue 94 Mustang GT

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nice! my wife and I just bought our first house out here in Gilbert. We’re both from the Midwest.
I got my house back in 2003 around val vista/ray rd back when there was still a stop sign at that intersection and there were still a couple of dairies that could stink like no other when the wind blew the right way. In about 3 yrs they built the bypass, then they made the hospital, mall, auto mall, dog park it just kept going and going. Crazy part is that my house value actually got to double the value I paid for it at one point and then when the market went to shit towards 09 I was upside down on it. I really did love it there and only moved because of my health issues that came up.

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
I got my house back in 2003 around val vista/ray rd back when there was still a stop sign at that intersection and there were still a couple of dairies that could stink like no other when the wind blew the right way. In about 3 yrs they built the bypass, then they made the hospital, mall, auto mall, dog park it just kept going and going. Crazy part is that my house value actually got to double the value I paid for it at one point and then when the market went to shit towards 09 I was upside down on it. I really did love it there and only moved because of my health issues that came up.
I live off Highly and Germann there are like 5 new subdivisions going up near by as the small ranches are selling their property to developers. Sorry about your health, Indiana isn’t so bad I was just up there last weekend. My father-in-law lives in Indianapolis and my good friend from the marines works at Cummins in Columbus.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Indiana is generally pretty good for people but I really enjoyed everything the desert offered from working 14 days a month to all the mountain biking I could stand. I don't hate it here but I really did love it there.

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
I feel ya, I love the outdoors part of Arizona. All the open national forest land is awesome. The mountain biking is great. I’m from Minnesota, wife is from Indiana. I don’t think I could ever go back to the boringness of the Midwest.

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
379E3DF8-D23D-492E-8322-89ED8E60CE32.jpeg 12/20/2020

last weekend I painted the center console in SEM midnight black. It was noticeably more grey than the OEM midnight black, so I went ahead and did the rear panels. Installed the rear seat delete. Got my harness bar and 4 points in. Took the front panels off and have it all cleaned up. I will probably do it some time after the holidays.

My back ordered tick flow track heat lower intake manifold finally shipped today. Should be here on Thursday. Hopefully the machinist stays true to his word and has it finished first week in January. I haven’t called in yet to see where he’s at don’t want to rush him and door a poor job.31DB1EB9-7E4B-414D-A58A-A4C7B4D33131.jpeg

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
12/24/2020

Finished up the interior in the front. Ordered new door panel inserts last night since mine are trash. Still debating weather to try and dye the kick panels. The high traffic area I feel like would be flaked off pretty easy. Not sure how I feel about the SEM product. Seems like it might flake off easily I had to touch up a few spots after installing them, not sure if it needed more time to cure, it is pretty cold out around 60 during the day and 35 at night. It’s not gonna be drivable for another couple months so that will give it plenty of time to keep curing. The center console upgrade is awesome. I think the center console might need a few more coats of color. You can notice the color change from it to the dash which makes me think some of the medium parchment color is showing through. Overall I am super happy. The interior looks brand new. Just need visors, kinda wanna have someone put in a new headliner since the foam is starting to warp on mine along the windshield in the front and back not something I wanna mess with myself. Just waiting on TMI to send the new upholstery fabric in black and charcoal for the sport seats. I already received the foam and hog rings.

Also, my lower intake manifold that was back ordered showed up today, just missing the trick flow sn95 throttle body elbow and I will have everything I need for reassembly once the short block is back next month.
7e636e6de0bed43cc5c38a50b9e22149.jpg

dedcc7d4509593f296477cf450a65a0c.jpg

6bb90924f0542776398e2f4449c14d89.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have used their grey on my car and unless you give it a good scuff with a shoe or something hard it stays on pretty well.

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
Well done! Now I'm considering on repainting my panels. That SEM black looks pretty close to the dash color
The dash was done over a week after the center console. I think since the center console had more time to cure and has armorall on it appears darker? Idk. It’s a lot of work. Haha

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
I have used their grey on my car and unless you give it a good scuff with a shoe or something hard it stays on pretty well.

I put two coats of adhesion promoter on the door panels and kickers because they are the higher traffic areas just to be sure it sticks well. We shall seee.

apsmith49921

Reaction score
I put two coats of adhesion promoter on the door panels and kickers because they are the higher traffic areas just to be sure it sticks well. We shall seee.
Same process I used. My stuff seems to be doing OK for the moment

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
Did you end up pulling the whole dash then to spray?

nope, just disassembled everything off it that I could and then taped it all off and sprayed it in the car. I have the seats and center console out so it was easy to move around. The most important and tedious part of the whole thing is cleaning.

1. Clean with dish soap and water then rinse and blow off with air compressor.
2. Wipe it all down with mineral spirits then rinse and blow off with air compressor
3. Wipe it down with 99% isopropyl alcohol and let it evaporate.

then you can start your first coat. You have to do super light coats there first 2 barely look like you did any, after the 3rd coat u have full coverage then 4th and 5th coat you can spray a bit heavier with more over lap. Need to wait 10 mins between coats longer if its cold. In the high traffic areas like the console and the kickers and the door panels put two coats of adhesion promoter before your color coats to help it be a little stronger and less prone to flaking.

it took me probably a total of 4 days to do the whole car removing all the panels and reinstalling them. I wouldn’t drive it for a week after your last coat to let it cure but that’s just me. I just feel that’s it’s a little colder now avg 50 degs it needs a little more time to adhere. But if you wait until spring you probably only need 2 days. It turned out great I feel like it was worth it. Once I get my reupholstered seats and visors the interior is gonna look factory new.

Paladin1001

Reaction score
Wow, you have a beautiful car there! I really like the blue, it just pops. Plus the work you have done is top notch, good job!

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
had anyone run a powerdyne and would they buy a used kit in unknown condition for 1500$?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
1/11/2021 update.

haven’t posted in awhile, but got some gifts over the holidays installed. I got new door cups for the refinished door panels. My brothers got me new GT floor mats and a trunk mat they look pretty nice, will look awesome with the black and charcoal cloth upholstery when I get it. Wifey got me MMD louvers and I blacked out the quarter windows. Cosmetically the car is finished until I spring for paint and body work in a few years. Plan to rock it as is so I can drive it hard n not worry about the paint. I might get a bra for the front end I have always like the look.

I also replaced all the weather stripping. Still having an issue with the passenger side upper roof rail stripping. I think the channel is bent, gonna find a hunt yard replacement next time I go.

Also got an update from the engine builder. My block was tore down and cleaned and machined before the holidays. He’s finishing up his inspections and i will be going I. To pay deposit and put the parts on order this week. He’s planning to have it wrapped up by the end of the month fingers crossed.7BB50640-F0B9-4B7A-AEE6-8AFEB27D034F.jpeg5D351000-70C2-491A-A311-3E9DEE77EFD0.jpeg49D4892C-0915-4A8F-BCD7-20B215E373BE.jpegD0D0351E-FEFC-485A-8FF8-BFEBBD611DDE.jpeg231FEB84-0935-4C46-84E4-F9D2ED1F5127.jpeg40233E95-4F42-4DE8-B426-56F729622865.jpeg2ED74FE9-B295-47BC-924F-CA6641C5656B.jpeg

Paladin1001

Reaction score
Looks really good, not a bad idea to do the final paint stuff last, just in case of accidental damage while working on it. That trunk mat looks sharp in there for sure!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online