bringing back abused rims

9psi 98

Reaction score
If they are flaking at all then they are D-O-N-E, you'll never get them back to anything presentable. Try a fine steel wool, that will remove most of the contaminants and then polish them with a paste chrome polish. This will get them as good as they are going to be. Remember, chrome is only a coating, once its "coat" has been comprimised and crap gets behind it, you'll never win the battle with corrosion behind the chrome. It still might be worth it to you to take them to a chromer just to get them stripped, then polish them out if you think it's worth it and sell them.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
My chrome lip on my Bullitt's got pretty abused when my rear brakes went out. I used a sanding sponge, then powerball with Flitz to get the Lip back in shape.

OP
OP
W

White 96GT

Reaction score
I ended up using some rubbing compound in the end starting with the red stuff then the white to polish it up then I just waxed it with some black magic liquid wax. their shinny enough to last tell I get my white saleens.

Juztang

Reaction score
I carry some awesome metal polish to get those wheels looking awesome again. After you get them all cleaned up you should try out my Wheel Seal. It cleans, shines, and protects all in one. Brake dust will come off with ease. I sell a ton of Wheel Seal over at the Fnseet Roush forums, those guys love this stuff on their Roush wheels!

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
You carry alot of awesome stuff! You'll be getting some of my money next week :hammer:

OP
OP
W

White 96GT

Reaction score
yeah you'll be getting some of mine to but first I have to figure out if I'm going to do a built rear end or if I'm going to install the 4V I found brand new in box for 750 bucks?

OP
OP
W

White 96GT

Reaction score
yeah its form a teacher from my school. He dosen't know much about cars, just enough to talk the talk thing. but I'm kinda affraid of it. because of this reason and he doesn't know anything about the motor or what its for.

ALITL8

Reaction score
get some numbers from the motor and try to google it :dunno:

OP
OP
W

White 96GT

Reaction score
I've pretty much said f-it because I've got other things going with my car. I'm fixing the two paint defects the car has and then lowering using 2"drop spindles then come the 18"white saleens, followed by a 1 3/4" cobra R hood.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online