Broken clips on shifter bezel

gutboybarrelhouse

Reaction score
First, I'm not sure if this is the right area for this question. Feel free to move to appropriate forum.

I have a broken shifter bezel clip. Also, the peice on the center console that another shifter bezel clip plugs into is broken (There are two places where the bezel can not be snapped in, so it doesn't sit properly). I assume this is probably a common problem. Would cutting the clips off the bezel and using some form of body tape or adhesive fix this problem? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
gutboybarrelhouse said:
First, I'm not sure if this is the right area for this question. Feel free to move to appropriate forum.

I have a broken shifter bezel clip. Also, the peice on the center console that another shifter bezel clip plugs into is broken (There are two places where the bezel can not be snapped in, so it doesn't sit properly). I assume this is probably a common problem. Would cutting the clips off the bezel and using some form of body tape or adhesive fix this problem? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

well I guess that would work, but what if you need to get to your shifter sometime in the future ??? you would have to break loose that glued bezel :( I think I would just spring for a new one from Late Model Resto

OP
OP
G

gutboybarrelhouse

Reaction score
I wish, but the problem is also with the center console where the clip snaps in. One of the tabs is broken off and I can seem to jerry rig anything to fix that problem.....

Stangbangin

Reaction score
this is a time when becoming familiar with the art known as "plastic welding" comes in handing. Basically just heating up a flat tip screw driver and using extra abs plastic from wherever and actually melting the broken plastic pieces back together. It's not as easy as that so I'd practice on some other stuff before attempting a clip or something. Try it. My dad has been using that method for years.

bill302

Reaction score
this happened to me. i tried everything to fix it... them i just drilled a small hole in the side of the benzel and inserted black headed screws and put it in place and screwed it down to the console sides..

S

scarface

I just replaced mine with another used one when it broke.

snoball

Reaction score
i heated mine up like stated and it worked like a charm. not to hard either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online