Broken Rear Sway Bar

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
yeah
definatley over the weekend busted my rear sway bar.
has anyone ever sone this?
and whats gonna be the effects of driving without a rear one?
HELP!

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
i think you can drive it but i wouldnt race the car or get on it until you get a new one

Spyder

Reaction score
Yeah, mine broke off a a little less than a week ago as well. It now currently resides in my trunk. :hammer:

Ive been driving my car around a bit, and it still feels rpetty solid back there, although i do have rear LCA's.

OP
OP

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
yeah i havent gone crazy with it yet,
my pops is trying to weld it back together but
my suspension is completly stock

97vertstang

Reaction score
happens all the time.drive it like that, nothing will happen, also dont try to weld it , its just going to brake faster.buy a new one there like $130 :dunno: or find urself one in the wrecking yard.

OP
OP

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
yeah my dads trying to weld it...
oh well thanks for the info.

mustangluver

Reaction score
Well gentalmen.....if you really think about it, The stock rear sway bars on these pony's are worthless. none of them connect to the body, they just connect between the swingarms. allowing the body to still roll, true sway bars connect from the rearend to the body, eliminating 75 to 90 % of body roll. My so called "sway bar" broke off last December 05, and I have since put 42,000 miles on, without it. and I still play on mountain (Colorado) passes. ::) Dont be afraid to drive it like you "stole it". Oh! and dont try to weld it, its hardend steel, it wont last past the first corner. have a great day :pimp:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The GT sway bar is hollow so they brake eventually....The Cobra is solid and a nice upgrade for like $99

Rantheman

Reaction score
you can drive around fine without a sway bar no problem. The sway bars on the rear are not worthless to me the connet to each lower trailing arm at two points. when the car corners one trailing arm moves up and other moves down which puts a tension twist on the sway bar so it does function usefully!!!

OP
OP

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
yeah i havent put it back in yet and im still
driving like formula 1 style....
not much of a diffrence

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member