Brwo's at the track

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps it's only in my area, but I feel like it may be an epidemic, and while I typically love Honda's and Rotary's, it seems they have a tendency to indulge to this sort of behavior. Allow me to explain:

Have you ever been lining up in the staging lanes, behind a couple cars, and next thing you know, there's 14 people walking down to the burnout section, then to the starting line? They point the car left and right, wave to come forward to stage, one guy usually gets down on his knee and holds the bumper while making a cross on his chest and prays for the car, there's usually some hoochee that is too big for her clothing, in high heels, taking video with a tablet, the light turns green, and they run a 14.5 then everyone jumps up and down so excited about it?

This has to happen in more places than just here.

Tell me lol

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Kinda like going to walmart or the mall. An on set of intelligence usually finds itself in the same area. To bad this has to be at your locall track.

The Jesus in me would be questioning that guy about is actions and what it represents, but thats me.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not that I would wish bodily harm on anyone but this is when a burnout needs to go totally wrong and people get tossed around.

Again, not wishing bodily harm but I think this would end this epidemic quickly!!!!!! :)

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Nothing like that around here...the closest it comes to that is the staging lanes/tower area usually smells like weed and Budweiser and its Dolla Dolla bill y'all from people betting on grudge races between crotch rockets. There's not much of a car-bro scene around here at the track. It's honestly mostly coyotes and bracket racers.

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Damn, I was expecting everyone to be as upset about this as I was. It's so frustrating when they are at the track around here

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Everytime I go to the track it consists of people in sports chairs sitting around their cars in their respective "cliques" vaping and bs'ing about cars. Then you have the large crowd by the burnout box with their phones out ready to post whatever boring content they capture to the world wide web. And lastly you have the people scattered the length of the track just watching cars go by one at a time with absolutely no response or enthusiasm. That basically sums up the track (or shitty excuse for what is a track) in San Diego.

I went to a NHRA event last year up at Auto Club Raceway however and it was definitely a whole other crowd. It fit the typical "white person who enjoys drag racing" stereotype. Hot dogs, baseball caps, tattoos, and old men shouting at cars. Fun.

Above118

Reaction score
Sadly i have YET to be at a track here in VA (spectating i have)...but in Jersey i used to run all the time back in my import (DSM) days. HATEDDD seeing that happen. but dam it was funny. Same scenario,14+ sec. Now some of my buddys have civics in the 10 and lower. Now those are fun time to watch. Esp the money runs.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
We have had a Bro scene in my area for over a decade. They spread out of the New York/North Jersey area and are now almost nationwide Bro.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Is there a video of this somewhere? I haven't been to a drag strip in almost 10 years, so I haven't seen this madness yet.

g36 monkeys wifey

Reaction score
This is what it generally looks like

22658069507_3d72b4b2ae_b.jpg

Above118

Reaction score
We have had a Bro scene in my area for over a decade. They spread out of the New York/North Jersey area and are now almost nationwide Bro.

English Town (my home track) and Atco are famous for that. lol

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't ever seen that a track before.. honestly never seen anyone really near the burnout area besides track workers.

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't ever seen that a track before.. honestly never seen anyone really near the burnout area besides track workers.

It's frustrating.

I guess what gets me is there 82 other cars in the staging lanes, that line up on line all by themselves, burnout by themselves, so on and so forth. Wtf do they all need to do it.

And sorry we don't have video, but it can be acquired on the next visit lol

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's weird. The couple of times I've been to a track here and once in Washington it hasn't been bad. Only a couple staff in burnout boxes and only a pit pass (racers + crew) are allowed anywhere near the track.

I don't really like how you're looked down upon if you have anything slower than an 11 second car.

In Washington I found it very odd that I wasn't required to wear a helmet unless I was able to go so fast.

Up here I'm required to wear a helmet for any pass even if I'm using a lawn mower. Also we have a 100 ft event in town and have to wear a helmet. I'm also required to wear a fire suit because of my blower...

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
It's frustrating.

I guess what gets me is there 82 other cars in the staging lanes, that line up on line all by themselves, burnout by themselves, so on and so forth. Wtf do they all need to do it.
My question to you is why is this so frustrating for you? Are they holding racers up from making a pass? If they do, you should talk to the track. It's obvious to you they're do something different than everyone else, but why is that a problem for you? Are you upset over the way the act, look, dress, etc. I'm really surprised this is an issue for you that you even had to post something about it.

Now in the video below, what you don't see is there was 8 that's right 8 of us that went to the starting line for Manny's practice runs. Wanna talk about holding things up, if you didn't know any better you would of thought Manny was John Force.

[video=youtube;6iBiEreqzSo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iBiEreqzSo[/video]

Wichers123

Reaction score
Sounds to me they been watching street outlaws to much. Fake as show. In New Orleans at the da pad they stand all around the car when you burning out and racing the car. I mean a huge crowd! I don't go out because that honestly makes me nervous.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online