Bucket Seats similar to 03/04 Mach 1 seats?

LaserRed95GT

Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone is aware of any bucket styled seats that look similar to the mach 1 seats but actually more capable of cradling my body at high speeds and corners and what not.

That or if you own or have sat in and experienced mach 1 seats, what opinion did you get from them? Did you feel secure, did your body turn much or did you face forward while in the seat on hard corners and what not?
Thanks

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
There are some options. You can go with the 03/04 Cobra Seats like [MENTION=17876]DeepList[/MENTION] suggested, 99/01 Cobra Seats, or 01 Bullitt seats.

Sinned83

Reaction score
The seats in the Machs are good I don't move around a lot. Of course you slide a bit more on leather I think

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Do those have the adjustable bolster support like the 94/95s do? if you want performance and lateral support I would look to the aftermarket. I have corbeau GT2 seats that I love.

OP
OP
L

LaserRed95GT

Reaction score
I should've mentioned my intention. I plan to get rear mach 1 seats no matter what way I go. But the reason why I want something similar to mach 1s is because I eventually plan to style the interior in am ore retro feel such as pictured here in a classy old school mach 1.
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/staging/carlist/items/Fullsize/Cars/139080/139080_Interior_Web.jpg
I love the classy ribbed seats. I plan to go with a similar steering wheel or I was considering keeping it modern and getting redline to do the fr500 wrap. But I am leading on too much now ;)
See my issue though? My desire for 'racecar' while obtaining a look. I just want to buy the seats once and be done with it. In addition to I want to do the interior once as well (fully redone) and be done with it.

Do those have the adjustable bolster support like the 94/95s do? if you want performance and lateral support I would look to the aftermarket. I have corbeau GT2 seats that I love.

Good question. I saw the seats in your car and the look great but I'm trying to go for a particular remisencent look (read above!:p)
The seats in the Machs are good I don't move around a lot. Of course you slide a bit more on leather I think
How serious of a corner are we talkin though? I don't have drifting in mind, but after being in my integra with sparco seats and taking corners and making them my ***** I want something as serious feeling in my mustang when I reach my end result.

There are some options. You can go with the 03/04 Cobra Seats like DeepList suggested, 99/01 Cobra Seats, or 01 Bullitt seats.
Those 99/01 cobra seats are an improvement over the 03/04 cobra ones for sure. Im guessing those 01 bullit seats are slim pickins though, aren't they?
03/04 cobra seats? :dontknow:
Defiantly no, not a fan:p

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the stock 94 seats I think up till 96ish when they went into cost cutting had a knob on the side of the drivers seat that allowed you to adjust the bolster support on the bottom to keep you held a little tighter.

If its really just the pleats in the seats that get you then again you might want to consider something similar to the corbeaus GT2s I have. The center section pulls right out and is small enough that it would probably not cost much just to have that part redone with the design you want. Unless you get into something like the terminator seats I don't think your going to find much of a performance difference between them. Only problem I have with terminator or even mach 1 seats is I would NEVER buy 10 yr old seats with stock leather on them and the price people want for 10 yr old leather is just ridiculous imo. Sure the termi/machs hold up better then the GT leather but even still if they had regular use on them them will not hold up all that much longer.

Sinned83

Reaction score
IMO the look factory seats is much better but the performance of the aftermarket ones should be better. If you need any pics of the mach seats or other question let me know

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the GT2s are a good looking seat and would probably look fairly stock if I didn't have the napa leather/suede set. You can get them in cloth and they have plenty of lateral support.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
The 99 cobra didn't come with any kind of specialized seats. They had the same leather seats as the GT that year.

See above.

My mistake but it's a minor incorrect detail on my part.

The point is the seats in the 01 Cobra are a better choice than the Mach seats and yes they hug you more.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Whoa hold on a sec...

The '99-'01 Cobra seats are BETTER than the almighty Terminator seats?

OP
OP
L

LaserRed95GT

Reaction score
the GT2s are a good looking seat and would probably look fairly stock if I didn't have the napa leather/suede set. You can get them in cloth and they have plenty of lateral support.
I like leather;) I've always considered it a luxury and that's something I crave in my cars interior to go with the whole idea of a retro styled yet modernized creature comfort built interior. Wet dream....Anywho!
I'll look at it, and believe me, I've considered them.
The 99 cobra didn't come with any kind of specialized seats. They had the same leather seats as the GT that year.

See above.
I don't know, just what I googled.
based off what you said, "supposed" 99/01 http://s255.photobucket.com/user/kirksammett/media/CobraSeats6.jpg.html
03/04 cobra seats http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq122/95snakenbake/017.jpg

I was pointing out that I liked that they appeared to have the same lateral support as the 03/04 seats. In addition they have more of a ribbed design versus spaced out pattern on the 03/04 seats.

But then again, I detest putting a snake anywhere on my car being that it isn't a true cobra, that might as well be me lieing to myself. If it were a cobra, sure! it'd help me decide.

mach 1 styled racing seats that aren't marked in some silly manner to make the car seem like something it isn't might just be too much to ask for.

OP
OP
L

LaserRed95GT

Reaction score
Did a wee bit more looking at the (I'm just going to call them 99/01 cobra seats till someone can correct me with the real tag) 99/01 cobra seats and man are those rear seats sexy. Defiantly more remienscent of the older styled and newer styled mach 1 seats. Atleast it seems to me (beauty is in the eyes of the beholder).

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh143/kirksammett/CobraSeats2.jpg
For reference here are some 05+ leather seats http://www.newtakeoff.com/ProductImages/products/Interior/FR3-12140-05AA.jpg, gorgeous
Here are some 1971 mach 1 rear seats, also just as gorgeous http://www.7173mustangs.com/xthread...f/Interior, Back Seat, 1971 Mach 1 429 CJ.JPG

But again these 99/01 front seats are embossed with the Cobra emblem which is a huge deal breaker for me.

Here's the link to ttoc's seats for comparative purposes, these GT2s deserve credit.
https://driiive.com/assets/cars/703...hotos/DSC005315394101396137432-a8043de001.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well if you like leather you will love those seats. The only complaint I had was the leather was really nice quality napa leather that didn't match anything in the car. But now with my steering wheel wrapped in napa and the consol cover, and eventually the door arm rest I think it will add a lot of class too it. I think corbeau does back seats but I never checked it out. Also FYI I wasn't able to give away my old stock seats so I took the adjustable/inflatable lumbar support out of them and put them in the corbeau's and it was really easy.

OP
OP
L

LaserRed95GT

Reaction score
well if you like leather you will love those seats. The only complaint I had was the leather was really nice quality napa leather that didn't match anything in the car. But now with my steering wheel wrapped in napa and the consol cover, and eventually the door arm rest I think it will add a lot of class too it. I think corbeau does back seats but I never checked it out. Also FYI I wasn't able to give away my old stock seats so I took the adjustable/inflatable lumbar support out of them and put them in the corbeau's and it was really easy.
yeah, fr500 wrap and redline boot and new leather e-brake shifter is on the list to match in this build.

Were you talking about the arm rest leather wraps from redline? I think it's cool that he does that and he makes a great product all around however from the pictures colored stitching really doesn't follow along the door seam well and has gapping issues, atleast from my point of view.
I was considering taking the dotted door inserts that came on gray/black door panels during 94/95 (idk about other years) and using adheisve to put them on some graphite charcoal doorpanels by cutting out the vinyl laying where it would be.
I don't know if you got me what I mean, it's hard to explain without pictures of the pieces I'm talking about and I'm not sure if the pieces would line up properly yet.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I too am not big on the door panel covers either but its not a problem for us with the cooler padded/perforated piece. I am going to take that off and cover it which will be a bit of a ***** since the plastic piece is plastic-welded(they melt some tabs since its never coming off). I will have too melt those areas to take it off and put it on but then again I am already installing a 9" woofer in each door so those tabs are the least of my worries. You could also take the carpet off the bottom and put a piece there. You could also cut out some foam board or cardboard in the shape of a logo/design and then put the leather over it. You could have Mustang/GT/cobra on that section with raised letters on the leather with only a little extra work.

But yea love the corbeau's and the redline touches
6165231392803423-e9dd20eefc.jpg

Sinned83

Reaction score
The Machs and termi seats shape is very similar I think

LilRoush

Reaction score
I will confirm '99 SVT seats are same as GT seats. I had a set I took in trade awhile back.
'01 SVT seats weren't as bolstered as the '03/'04 Cobras - they are more in line with the Mach 1 and Bullitt.

TMI makes some nice aftermarket foam/leather recovers to convert stock seats and bring them back to life after years of abuse. Check them out. I've seen/heard good things.

Also look at the three versions of Roush seats starting in '01 (if you can find them - they pop up from time to time). The original '01-'02 Stage 2/3 seats are far more bolstered at the kidney/hip than the '03/'04 Cobra. Not air adjustable, though. The '03/'04 options were more similar to the '03/'04 Cobra. The '04 style showed up on the 440A 1st, and had kidney and shoulder bolstering.

These were 2001-2002:

826large+2001_ford_mustang+seats_view.jpg

2003 and some 2004 got this style (picture is of the Coddington Edition, but the Stage 3 got the same seat with ROUSH instead of Boyd's signature):

F5388D49-0FBF-4B9B-96E9-66EFBB603C10_25.jpg

These were late 2004 options. (Pic happens to be the 440A option, standard just said ROUSH):

2004roush440a_9.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online