Build help

OP
OP
L

lolls1

Reaction score
Well this got off topic real quick lol. So I want to look for a 94-96 block then? And my last build was around 300 with 150shot and I wasn't really impressed. If I'm gonna spend the money and time is rather do what I've always dreamed of the first time around. I know the suspension will give me hell with that much power and that will be takin care of not to long after the motor and Tranny is in order. I'll do it all just one thing at a time. Poor girl has been sitting for over a year, only attention she has got is the two times I had to have it detailed from mold do to sitting. I have to get it running so I can atleast cruise so it doesn't just sit and rot. I found a brand new still in box on3 kit on Craig's list for $1000 picking it up tomorrow. Just need to figure out the plan for the block to get her moving

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
All this talk from these little baby mod motors. The coyote is where it's at ;p

But in all seriousness let's help this guy out.

For the record, if you're going to do it, do it right. Don't just throw boost at it until it blows up, unless you've got a built motor on standby.

OP
OP
L

lolls1

Reaction score
Lol your fine warrior. And ya ik love them but I don't have 20k to blow at the moment. And that's what I'm trying to do but I don't know where to start all I know so far is 94-96 351 block. Planned on just getting forged internals good tune and go with it. But i don't want to spend 6k on something that's going to last a year or less

OP
OP
L

lolls1

Reaction score
Ideal head flow for turbo setup. No clue
ideal cfm of blow through carb. No idea 600 650 higher?
dish or flat top pistons
Best head gaskets since they tend to blow with boost
really not sure on any of it. Only experience I have as far as turbos is fixing oil leak on my 7.3 and installing boost gauge.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lol your fine warrior. And ya ik love them but I don't have 20k to blow at the moment. And that's what I'm trying to do but I don't know where to start all I know so far is 94-96 351 block. Planned on just getting forged internals good tune and go with it. But i don't want to spend 6k on something that's going to last a year or less

If the 20k figure is for the coyote you're way far off on the estimation. It's come drastically down.

However, the 351 is an excellent platform. Forged internals, good h/c/I and let it eat, you'll be in your power range.

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
I understand that entirely, I was just trying to make the point that a cam swap on an n/a engine can be done for way less than $2k. I really just wanted to pick on these guys about there dinosaur, pushrod, weak block, boat anchors!

All in good fun guys, im only joking. I know how sensitive some of you get when your pushrod's get picked on.
I was just picking on how expensive the mod parts are. Did you say $800!? That's still pretty steep for a cam swap.

Don't Sext and Drive.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up a complete roller motor for $400

I believe he was asking about a coyote swap cost.

A guy just made a thread, Willis_98GT about it. Because it has gotten so affordable it really just makes sense. Though it will be a little more involved than another pushrod build.

OP
OP
L

lolls1

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply had a death in the family been dealing with family stuff for the past few weeks. But on the bright side I got my hands on a roller 351w. Picking it up tomorrow. Depending on how the internals look, I may just put a cam in and order some afr heads and the on3 kit and let her eat. What would you guys recommend for the cam? Would my tfs1 be ok or would it be better to order something specific for the turbo setup? Plan to order tomorrow or Sunday.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear about that man :(

If I were building with goals like yours, I would get a specific blower cam

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
No on the tfs1.. Turbo cam would be better.. Another thing with afr heads more than likely you will need to cut valve reliefs on the stock pistons

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online