build me the best nurburgring sn95 for ten grand...

Reaction score
Im having another forum build me a miata so I can see whats possible between 2 of my favorite cars.

No need to be DD and please use real maths and acxurate numbers.

Should be a great bench build.

Ill report back with what I learn from the other forum.

Thanks,-TDE

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I know these cars have potential, but I just couldn't justify putting $10K worth of suspension into a mustang. Maybe into a more well-rounded car like an E46 M3 or an S2000.. but definitely not an SN95.
However, it would be nice to have a car that underperformend in its age because a true track monster and show everyone else who's boss.

daltonduree

Reaction score
and you can always make your own suspension if you know what your doing. make your own brake brackets with the right tools. welder and plasma cutter, cad program with a printer. various other minor tools and pipe bender and your set.

MadStang

Reaction score
Best SN95 for $10k huh. Super easy.

-NPI Block w/ PI heads
-MHS Stage 3 Cams
-Full Bolt Ons

Motor will probably make around 320rwhp

Stock Transmission is fine, just upgrade the clutch to a Valeo 03/04 Cobra Clutch

Rear Axle is fine with 28 spline. Just upgrade the gears to a 4.30 and the Diff to a Torsen T2R

Suspension:

Agent 47 SLA Front Suspension that's all you need up front.

Rear Suspension:

Cortex X-Treme Grip Rear Coilover Kit
Cortex Racing Watts Link
BTM AutoSport Offset 3-Link w/ torque box reinforcement (custom made by yours truly).
Griggs Racing World Challenge Rear Lower Control Arms
Maximum Motorsports 25mm Solid Rear Swaybar
Homemade Roll Cage

Wheels of choice. with corresponding correct tire size running BFG R1's.

Cobra Brake Conversion w/ Porterfield R4 Pads

That's basically it. Would be a solid setup and average out to be around $10k and would be pretty much untouchable from every standpoint except acceleration. Also $10k doesn't include cost of car. lol

EDIT: I just read you want real math, I'm asking for a pass this time, I'm an accountant and I'm burnt the eff out on math for the week lol

chris91

Reaction score
I knew he'd come in with some words of wisdom. lol Id love to make my car take corners like no other. Only downfall is Mid Ohio is the closest track and its not exactly close. :(

I dont get into cone dodging either. Went to a couple events with my old Integra and was ready to leave after a couple hours.

OP
OP
TheDeafElectrician
Reaction score
Ill only allow a pass if you can increase my profit margins.and do my taxes.

On a serious note, you really know what you are talking about.how many times have you built this?

MadStang

Reaction score
Ill only allow a pass if you can increase my profit margins.and do my taxes.

On a serious note, you really know what you are talking about.how many times have you built this?

haha. this is the first time I've been asked to build a car for $10k, I just know the parts that work the best. Unfortunately, for the racing I do, a lot of the parts I mentioned are not applicable to me due to class rules, but, I'd still have a blast taming the Nurburgring.

1404829_537546163001406_351133155_o.jpg

MadStang

Reaction score
I knew he'd come in with some words of wisdom. lol Id love to make my car take corners like no other. Only downfall is Mid Ohio is the closest track and its not exactly close. :(

I dont get into cone dodging either. Went to a couple events with my old Integra and was ready to leave after a couple hours.

Autocross is fun when you surround yourself with good people and good competition. Nobody likes being beat by 10 seconds and unfortunately that's why most mustang owners shy away from autocross because they don't know what class to hop in since there are a TON of options. I wish there were more mustangs out here that would like to autocross, racing against honda hatchbacks, brand new FT86's (subaru brz / scion fr-s), and other cars that are about half the size gets a little frustrating but also rewarding when I'm able to pull off a win with a chassis that was designed essentially in 1979 haha.

RichV

Reaction score
Questions like this are fun.

But never asked by a track driver.

Simple recipe. MM, Griggs, Agent47 take your pick. But you won't like them on the street.

OP
OP
TheDeafElectrician
Reaction score
haha. this is the first time I've been asked to build a car for $10k, I just know the parts that work the best. Unfortunately, for the racing I do, a lot of the parts I mentioned are not applicable to me due to class rules, but, I'd still have a blast taming the Nurburgring.

1404829_537546163001406_351133155_o.jpg

That is a cover car. Wow that is probably the sickest stang racecar I have ever seen.

You go girl.

OP
OP
TheDeafElectrician
Reaction score
Questions like this are fun.

But never asked by a track driver.

Simple recipe. MM, Griggs, Agent47 take your pick. But you won't like them on the street.

I just enjoy watching racing and thinking about racecraft. Building is what I enjoy most no matter how inept I may be.

OP
OP
TheDeafElectrician
Reaction score
LOL. I'm not a girl, I just have one of my fans in my avatar haha. But thanks :headbang:

Just realized you were in esco. I have a space in vista.

Wanna be part of an rx7FC 5.0 swap?

I could sure use some of your expertise.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online