Build/ Progress thead

Joshblck1

Reaction score
Hey there people,
I thought I would go ahead and start a build thread for my 2002 Gt since ive already asked 92 questions ( not really) and would like to keep things organized so Ill try to be posting a lot of questions on here-

So far Ive done.........well nothing ha! Ive just been trying to find the source of some known issues such as inconsistent idling, power surges, poor gas mileage, running too lean, dent removal, paint touch up, general cleaning ect.

Safe to say this car can keep me busy for awhile but I like that! The more I play with it the more I love it, I have a lot of love for the older 5.0's since I had one but I really am amazed at the torque of this engine as well as the handling with just stock suspension.

I am also waiting till I can find out if there is any body warping since the car was hit at some point in its life. Ive looked the car over hardcore now and everywhere but the panel where it was hit fits together so well that I would be willing to be they have never been replaced or shifted from the accident. The only evidence of possible warp-age is that the car pulls to the left and clearly needs an alignment, which I then read that shops cant align a frame thats bent so that worries me. However I did contact the previous owner about if the reason the car hasnt been aligned is because there is frame damage and he said no he hadn't had it align for 2 years so I am very hopeful! Even if the car is warped I still want to get the frame straightened if I have to, but I would rather it be straight lol
Ill keep everyone posted!
Josh

OP
OP
J

Joshblck1

Reaction score
Well I have been looking up alot of info about the problems ive been having and it seems that the absence of 02 sensors could be causing a lot of the problems, anyknow know how much it would cost at a show to weld new bungs and install a couple 02 sensors?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

TanTop94

Reaction score
Wait...what do you mean your missing 02s? Even on OR midpipes they have a place for 02s. Or you have to use MIL eliminators.

OP
OP
J

Joshblck1

Reaction score
Well I have one on my headers but I dont have one anywhere after the headers on my exhaust, its running rich and have idle stability issues...

OP
OP
J

Joshblck1

Reaction score
I read online that you can disconnect the tps and see if the car starts idling and responding to reving better but it didnt help, im thinking im gonna clean the MAF sensor and the IAC

OP
OP
J

Joshblck1

Reaction score
Well my curiousity got the best of me so I went ahead and ripped the fender off the side I know was hit....here some pics

OP
OP
J

Joshblck1

Reaction score
I dont know anything about this frame but it looks bent to me, how bad would you say this is?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online