Building my first Mustang.

Roughneck1

Reaction score
Title pretty much sums it up. I recently picked up a 96 GT dirt cheap. I drove it home and start pulling the interior out. I found a 97 Cobra 4v to put in it. The 4v will be getting stroked, forged internals, ported heads and some boost. I'm having to completely restore the interior and paint the car. The only reason for getting a car in this bad of condition is so I can start teaching my 2 boys (8 & 11 years old) a little bit of everything.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome!

Great to see a dad teaching their children.
My dad and I built mine starting when I was 12.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! And I agree with ON that's great that you're getting them started young maybe it'll stick with em. You have any pictures of the car?

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Welcome! I know looking back, I now can fully appreciate my stepdad having me help work on the family cars and house when I was younger. Your kids will learn a ton. Good luck with the build

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Iz it's 4:30 go to bed brotha haha.

Welcome aboard! That's pretty awesome that your first mustang build you already plan on doing a 4v swap. Sounds like you know a thing or two about them! And I fully fully fully agree with teaching the younger generation. My old man had me out there helping him since I was old enough to hold a wrench. Low and behold by 16 I was replacing the steering rack and head gaskets on my 3400 grand am by myself. The things my dad instilled in me as a kid remain in me as an adult. Those are the prime years to get their attention and help them learn what they're doing. Awesome stuff man

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nice pick up and glad to see father som projects on the forum ... I wouldn't be into cars if it wasn't for wrenchin on them as a youngster with my old man

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Nice, should be a fun project with the kids!

-330CubeGt

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Iz it's 4:30 go to bed brotha haha.

Welcome aboard! That's pretty awesome that your first mustang build you already plan on doing a 4v swap. Sounds like you know a thing or two about them! And I fully fully fully agree with teaching the younger generation. My old man had me out there helping him since I was old enough to hold a wrench. Low and behold by 16 I was replacing the steering rack and head gaskets on my 3400 grand am by myself. The things my dad instilled in me as a kid remain in me as an adult. Those are the prime years to get their attention and help them learn what they're doing. Awesome stuff man

Haha dude I get up for work at 3... I make sure I get my 4 hrs a night

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online