Built trannies?

White 96GT

Reaction score
At the end of the summer I'm going to have alot off money to blow, and well I'm starting research on mods. I want to build up the drivetrain mostly becuase I don't want to worry about failures. Well I'm thinking a fully strange rear end would work nicly I'd upgrade to a 9" if possible. But I want to research the tranny in my car I have the 4r70w and Want to know Whats the best of the best tranny for a streetcar that could handle lets say 750 HP? is their such a thing or does it get unstreetable? I don't need a transbrake exc. but I want a built 4 or 5 speed atuo with an overdrive I don't have to worry about busting. A few brands to reaserch would be nice. also I'm on about a 3000 dollar budget for the tranny.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
to get your tranny to that level its one stop shopping

www.bc-automotive.com

they are the best in the business for high performance 4R70W's

call them and talk to them about what you want.

OP
OP
W

White 96GT

Reaction score
Thanks when It gets closer to that time of year around september I'll give them a call. How much do you think it would cost to send my tranny to them and have it completly gutted like I want or would I be better to just buy a brand new tranny and run this as a backup?

I'm wondering now though for the amount of money I'd spend on this tranny I could have patriot stage II heads, crower cams, and some BBK valve covers with bbk LTs and a shorty H? I'm not sure. I wonder how the tranny rear end would hold all the gained horsepower?

96sohc

Reaction score
Any particular reason you're wanting to stay with the 4R70W?

Nice avatar, btw.

Adam

Reaction score
The 4r70W is a great tranny, there is in fact right now a transbrake being tested that will allow you to have the transbrake, but will also be able to leave the car full automatic. meaning no manual shifting. You will also not have fixed line pressure. There is currently not anything like this on the market. This would be for the enthusiast who wants a trans brake but doesn't want the manual shifting. Jeff Stafford is currently testing this unit....here is a launch pic in a car that makes about 260rwhp...... :eek:

[attachment deleted by admin]

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
96sohc said:
Any particular reason you're wanting to stay with the 4R70W?

Nice avatar, btw.

I get confused seeing your car in his avatar...i think its you :hammer:

OP
OP
W

White 96GT

Reaction score
Yeah sorry I'll change it. I just loved your rims! LOL I want a set of those so bad!

OP
OP
W

White 96GT

Reaction score
Did that help? Thats my car for real this time! lol

That must be a heck of a tranny cause it almost looks like its lifting both front wheels!

voidfinger

Reaction score
yea, wow how is he lifting the front with 260 whp? man that is sweet.

Adam

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
yea, wow how is he lifting the front with 260 whp? man that is sweet.

He is hooking like crazy and leaving off his transbrake...thats how... :naughty:

ripper

Reaction score
When i talked to my tuner about putting 31 spline strange axels in he said this:

Now this guy is one of the best stang guys in NJ Wicked Motorworks

He said that the strange axels were good for the track but were too brittle for street driving. He had me go with Moser.
Saw you were doing rear and axels so just a heads up white96gt

JUICED

Reaction score
lentech makes aod-e's rated to 1500 ft lbs.. and conversion kits for basically any smallblock, bigblock ford out there.. :boink:

OP
OP
W

White 96GT

Reaction score
Shizz. To bad I'm not getting the money tell like september. I've gotta save my summer checks. I'm 16 so my weekly pay like triples over the summer. So The way I figure I should have somewhere in between 3500 and 4000 at the end of the summer to blow. I'll have fun!

I'm still just shopping around trying to find the best bang for the buck. I don't know if I want Go or show right now. I'm only 16 and I might like a full SLP exhaust or a h-pipe/flowmaster setup with some new 17" saleens? or Weld prostars? can't decide.
Really the only think I'm 100% about is I'm getting a tuner that way for prom next year I can limit the speedo and tech for prom night and the stupid parking dick! I'm still not sure I won't just park it myself. I don't know I'm might have more fun spending my money on some exhaust, wheels and a lowering kit like a drag kit. Anyone know how much a BBK Drag lunch kit lowers your car.

voidfinger

Reaction score
all the drag kits i know of have stock hight. So have you seen the dude that parks your car kill it or something? I don't get it. I'm a valet and i never understood why everyone with a mustang thinks their cars are to good for me to park......especialy since mine is usualy nicer than theirs :dancing6:

But on a lighter note, screw all that crap and just get a vortec. You can get the s trim kit for around 3500 dollars and that is deffinitly the best bang for the buck, that or nitros. But if i was you i would just get the vortec kit and keep it at 8 pounds or 10 pounds till you build things up.

Mitchell

OP
OP
W

White 96GT

Reaction score
well I just got a nother job mowing a big azz yard on saturday afternoons and sundays and I will have about 2000 more know than I thought before. also I really want to go twin screw if I go FI because of the looks. I plan on having this car for a while and I want to do stuff right the first time. Also if I do get forced induction will the tranny/rearend/shortblock? handle the extra horses?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online