Bullet Proof coating on finances car

Obsessive Detail

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
We just got a new Highlander Limited and the first thing we did was put on the Bullet Proof Coating for protection. This stuff is super easy to use, the easiest coating that I've used by far. After applying the coating I used Bullet Proof Topper to protect the coating from getting wet in the 24 hour cure period. Topper is adds crazy slickness and made the metal flakes comes out even more, the coating also really made the flake pop. Love these 2 products!

http://stores.theragshack.com/c-a-r-bulletproof-series/

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Looks nice Justin.

How would you compare this to Jetseal? that's what I typically use.

OP
OP
O

Obsessive Detail

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
It is a lot different product than Jet Seal. Bullet Proof is more comparable to Opti Coat. BP has 2 year durability, will fill light scratches and swirls and make the paint more scratch and swirl resistant. BP is like adding a small additional layer of clear coat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
cool.
I'm assuming you could put anything over top.
where would a glaze go? b4/after?

OP
OP
O

Obsessive Detail

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
cool.
I'm assuming you could put anything over top.
where would a glaze go? b4/after?

Yes, you can put anything over the top of it. You aren't going to be able to get much durability out of anything you put over a coating since it won't bond to the coating very well. You can use a glaze over the top when you want to give the paint that extra pop. You can't put anything before a coating, you want the paint polished and clean, then you do an alcohol wipedown to make sure the paint is completely clean for the best bond.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the info Justin.

I have a Raptor that needs some polish time and a good protective coating. too bad i'm not closer to you.... :)

OP
OP
O

Obsessive Detail

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
How does it compare to CQuartz?

It is actually a lot easier to use than CQuartz. I have CQ on one of my daily drivers. I like the looks and durability of it, it is just finicky sometimes to put on. Bullet Proof comes off like butter and the looks and durability are right on par with CQ at a cheaper price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online