Bullitt Intake swap on 96-98 GT's

JerZeyStangz

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2006
Messages
3,615
Reaction score
39
Location
Northern NJ
I just want to know what you guys think about the Bullitt Intake swap and if its worth it, any problems your gonna run into? Will i see a good gain in Hp with this swap or a PI swap is better? I have no clue. I know the PI swap is cheaper but i have a gut feeling that the bullitt intake will give you more hp? who knows :dunno:

Nate
 

DropTopPony

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
15,376
Reaction score
171
Location
South Jersey
They make the same intake for NPI heads...the bullitt was modeled after it. Its called the SVO/FRPP intake and is a direct bolt on to NPI cars.
 

DropTopPony

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
15,376
Reaction score
171
Location
South Jersey
JerZeyStangz said:
Thanks for the Info Droptop, the price step but it sure looks heavy duty.

just saw another one for sale on corral.net for @ $750
 

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Retired Staff
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
13,863
Reaction score
105
Location
SLC, UT
Considering you can buy a whole PI swap for that, I think it's too spendy.

Are you staying NPI heads, or PI's?
 

Ender

Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2006
Messages
151
Reaction score
0
The SVO/Bullitt intake is the shit, you'll pick up 25 or so HP on stock heads/cams, and it will extend the powerband to a little over 5000 RPM. If you are going PI, get the Bullitt, if you are going to stay NPI or use SVO heads, get the SVO. I have had my SVO intake for a year or so, and it makes a huge difference. I recently picked up a set of SVO heads, they'll be going on as soon as I can get them in for a valve job. :dancing6:

DSC01482.jpg
 

DropTopPony

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
15,376
Reaction score
171
Location
South Jersey
Ender said:
The SVO/Bullitt intake is the shit, you'll pick up 25 or so HP on stock heads/cams, and it will extend the powerband to a little over 5000 RPM. If you are going PI, get the Bullitt, if you are going to stay NPI or use SVO heads, get the SVO. I have had my SVO intake for a year or so, and it makes a huge difference. I recently picked up a set of SVO heads, they'll be going on as soon as I can get them in for a valve job. :dancing6:

DSC01482.jpg
Since you have them out maybe this would be a good time to get them worked over....Jim at Renegade Racing is supposed to be getting 280cfm on his ported SVO heads. That is 4V territory. He is super expensive but worth it.
 

Ender

Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2006
Messages
151
Reaction score
0
Too much money right now, I'll have it done in a couple years when I rebuild the engine with an aluminum block. I'd like to have the heads and intake done together as well, but this is my only car right now, so I can't have it down that long.
 

97vertstang

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
2,879
Reaction score
1
wow, 280cfm with a 3.55'' bore ???thats really good for a 2valve.i didnt think that was possible with 2 valve 4.6s. do u know at what lift thats at???
 

DropTopPony

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
15,376
Reaction score
171
Location
South Jersey
97vertstang said:
wow, 280cfm with a 3.55'' bore ???thats really good for a 2valve.i didnt think that was possible with 2 valve 4.6s. do u know at what lift thats at???

no i never seen the flow charts...these were top secret race port heads for a track car that allowed the SVO heads to replace the stock npi's. Those true street racers don't like to give up any secrets.

But if i ever build a serious 2V i will definately use the SVO heads with a BigBore...thats the only way i see anyone getting near 400rwhp with a 2V.

Supposedly VT had one dyno at 410 and 440 and MPH had a BigBore Stroker thats getting 500hp at the block NA so the big boys are figuring out ways.
 

97vertstang

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
2,879
Reaction score
1
if u check the edelbrock calendar, they have a 4.6 single plane intake now!!!!!!! :dancing6: i bet that thing will add another 20+rwhp to all the cammed, headed guys.its sweet but they should do one where the stock 4.6 plenum will work , so we can stay efi without too much of a hassle. a single plane intake is also good to run lots of nitrous :naughty: !!!!!!

- edit its going come out soon.
 

Millzenator

New Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
97vertstang said:
if u check the edelbrock calendar, they have a 4.6 single plane intake now!!!!!!! :dancing6: i bet that thing will add another 20+rwhp to all the cammed, headed guys.its sweet but they should do one where the stock 4.6 plenum will work , so we can stay efi without too much of a hassle. a single plane intake is also good to run lots of nitrous :naughty: !!!!!!

- edit its going come out soon.

It looks like a nice part, but it's certainly going cater to high-revving strip cars more than street cars. I simply don't understand why someone can't make a good aftermarket intake that has enough plenum volume so that lower-end doesn't suffer. The PI intake is actually a very good intake, but of course, it has a hard time breathing after 6200'ish rmps. I think the best overall solution is going to be the HPS intake. Bigger volume than the PI, can be ported, and is all aluminum and will resist nitros backfires. I have been talking to Bob at HPS for over a year now regarding the intake, and now that it's available (will ship about 4 weeks after ordering, until production increases) I have worked out details on a group purchase. PM me for details.
 

jpajkos

Active Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2006
Messages
622
Reaction score
0
You know I was thinking about going this route. When I was paid to get the new motor I asked about the buillitt intake. I ask for the money would it be worth getting it then porting it out. I was told for the money its pretty harsh so I decided just to port out a PI intake. But what do you guys think is it really worth it?
 

DropTopPony

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
15,376
Reaction score
171
Location
South Jersey
jpajkos said:
You know I was thinking about going this route. When I was paid to get the new motor I asked about the buillitt intake. I ask for the money would it be worth getting it then porting it out. I was told for the money its pretty harsh so I decided just to port out a PI intake. But what do you guys think is it really worth it?
You should PM Millzenator above you...they are having a Group Buy on the HP lower intake on another forum we post on...it is a very nice piece not like the piece of shit chinese made professional products intake.


Hey Millzy you should make a thread in this section about the group buy and pics/ info about the HP intake...i don't think Matt would mind since the actual group buy in on the other site. just a thought....
 

Millzenator

New Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
DropTopPony said:
jpajkos said:
You know I was thinking about going this route. When I was paid to get the new motor I asked about the buillitt intake. I ask for the money would it be worth getting it then porting it out. I was told for the money its pretty harsh so I decided just to port out a PI intake. But what do you guys think is it really worth it?
You should PM Millzenator above you...they are having a Group Buy on the HP lower intake on another forum we post on...it is a very nice piece not like the piece of shit chinese made professional products intake.


Hey Millzy you should make a thread in this section about the group buy and pics/ info about the HP intake...i don't think Matt would mind since the actual group buy in on the other site. just a thought....

When Matt reads this, and PM's me the OK, I'll post a quick messaage about the GP. I have nothing to gain from the GP, but there is a substaintial discount on the HPS intake, and I'd much rather help Bob at HPS overcome that crappy PP Typhoon intake. :dancing6:
 

Millzenator

New Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
PM me for $100 discount on HPS intake. This is immediate. No need for GP anymore. First 20 buyers that use a code I give you when you call Bob at HPS will receive this discount. Not too shabby! ;D Remember, the HPS intake is an American product, and we need to keep more $$$ here in the States instead of China! Hurry.. If you're interested in this intake. The first 20 will go fast. My goal for working for Bob on this is to simply lend a hand and help him sell some intakes. The more that are out in the real world, the better feedback we'll get. Oh, you can email me too.. [email protected].

Thanks! :thumb:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
74,489
Messages
1,447,520
Members
13,367
Latest member
DurtyRagu

Members online

No members online now.
Top