bullitt intake??

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I was debating on which intake to get for my 97 GT...

it currently has full bolt ons, auto, and am putting on a SQ trim mongoose kit

I asked MPH which intake they thought was the best and they said the bullitt intake is the best intake for boost'd applications

Now, i didn't mention that i have non pi heads, does this matter??

also, does anybody know a site that sells the bullitt intake manifold? Will i need to change anything else considering i still have the non pi heads?? price of the intake??

just general feedback on this intake please?? thanks guys

96sohc

Reaction score
There is alot more to it than just simply swapping intakes; you need a new alternator, alternator bracket, throttle body (and all the other air intake components) and possibly new fuel rails, but I'm probably also forgetting some things.
The Intake itself can be rather expensive, usually around $800 is what I've seen; and I don't know of any places that just outright sell the manifold, so your best bet would be to get one used.
As far as the NPI heads are concerned, I would imagine it'd be the same thing with swapping on a PI intake; but I'm absolutely guessing here.

Have you considered any of the SVO components?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The intake and install kit will run you a few bucks more then a PI...like $1300...you can have a Bullit Intake port matched to NPI heads...I know someone who has it done. His heads are ported heavily from Renegade Racing though.

ripper

Reaction score
I know you said you just wanted feedback on the bullit but i have to tell you that its not the best for f/i. Reichard Racing 4.6 intake is the best there is. And trickflow is coming out with one in the spring.

96sohc

Reaction score
While the Bullit is not the "be all end all" intake manifold, I'm sure it is better for his specific application than a RR intake; not to mention how expensive the Reichard manifold is.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
yeah i decided to just do a PI intake swap, there is no way i am spending that kind of money for just 10-15more rwhp...

ripper

Reaction score
I know its bucks (like 1400) But if your gonna f/i it is the best

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
i just can't see spending close to $1000 more for 15 more hp over a PI intake swap...??? if that??

ripper

Reaction score
I dont blame you it is alot of money. I see your in jersey who does your tunes?

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
i go to Outrageous Mustangs...they used to be in jackson but now are moving in Lakewood.

ripper

Reaction score
Im thinking of going there. Right now i go to Wicked Motorsports in Brick. I went to see Dwayne when i blew my headgasket and he wanted 1800 bucks to fix it. Kevein at wicked did it for 900.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
wow...call their new location in blackwood and ask for mike...im getting a pretty good deal for my install/dyno tune. Theyre new shop is extremely nice too!

ripper

Reaction score
I talked to mike he wants 700 bucks for tune. Sounds a little steep no? Its 500 for the tune and 200 for room on his laptop or somthing like that.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
hmmm...that does seem high. Thats wierd that they would charge you that much for a head gasket though when theyre charging me close to the same amount for a s/c install plus a dyno tune...keep looking around, maybe you can find better prices...i honestly wouldn't mind paying the price though because they are probably the best mustang shop for our year cars in the area...you know you get what your paying for, and a tune is very important

ripper

Reaction score
Yea i know they are. Im definetly going there. There numbers off the dyno will be exact. Ive been modin a long time and i know ya def get what ya pay for. What s/c did you get?

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
i have a Mongoose Kit Vortech SQ trim with a MPH boost pipe and all the goodies:

vortech1.jpg

vortech2.jpg

vortech4.jpg

vortech3.jpg

Can't wait!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online