Bullitt suspension kit sits to high on our cars?

Brian95GT

Reaction score
Before installing my new control arms, springs and shocks, 94twinscrew told me that the Bullitt kit sits too high on our cars in the front. I thought that he must be smokin' something new that week when he told me to cut off half of a coil. :hammer: Anyway, I installed new 03 Cobra a-arms, Maximum Motorsports lower adj. arms and Steeda double adj. uppers with the Bullitt kit. The front sits an inch higher than the rear. 3 1/2" from fender to top of tire compared to 2 1/2" from quarter to rear tire. The back has the perfect height I was looking for - the front not so much. It is like I just slapped the stock ones back in. The front a-arms are loose and not preloaded and the rear is all socked up. I have not raised the adj. lowers in the rear that much - maybe a half of an inch up from the lowest position. I know that the suspension needs to settle a bit, but what is it going to come down an inch? Do I really cut off half of a coil to start with? I have air tools so it would not be that bad to get off and on. Thanks for the help.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
surrre.......blame it on me :mad:

A lot of guys on the corral had simular issues.........now,are you sure that you put front springs in the "front" :hammer: :angel: :ass3:

OP
OP
B

Brian95GT

Reaction score
Hmm, I thought I checked. Of course the right springs are in the right place! :aresehole: You think the Craftsman sawzall could handle the job cutting?

94twinscrew

Reaction score
you could try,but I would use a cutting disk...you'll have more control of it. Make sure that you don't get the spring too hot when you do,because you don't want to weaken the it.

OP
OP
B

Brian95GT

Reaction score
94twinscrew said:
you could try,but I would use a cutting disk...you'll have more control of it. Make sure that you don't get the spring too hot when you do,because you don't want to weaken the it.

Thanks Steve. I might try your other recommendation about removing the isolators before I go hacking up the nice, shiny, new springs. Should I grease the hell out of them? Put some thin rubber around the top and bottoms of the springs?

OP
OP
B

Brian95GT

Reaction score
94twinscrew said:

Bah, I could use this as an excuse to get another air tool. On sale now at Sears for like $37. Then I would need to get disks too... :)

lietuvis91

Reaction score
why not try running polyutherane isolators in the rear and keeping the stock rubber one's in the front? Just this passed weekend I installed new control arms in the front and trew on some poly isolators on the front springs and I can tell that it sits just a tad higher than the rear now. You could keep the stock rear springs too..

OP
OP
B

Brian95GT

Reaction score
I cut off 1/2 of a coil from the top of the springs. So far, all four tires are about 3" from car to tire. 3" exact up front and 2 7/8 in the rear. I will jack up the car with the adj. lowers to match. It isn't the lowest car on the road, but the suspension is darn tight now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online