Bumper Question

fatman2k4

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I was in Bowling Green, KY to visit my uncle and to help him pull out his original top-oiler 427 out of his FFR Roadster...anywho.....My dad and I went to Beech Bend (the drag strip) to watch some Saturday night fun racing.....It got rained out about a hour after we got there.....As we left, we followed an early model sn95 Cobra that was white and has the "COBRA" indents in the rear bumper lit up up a neon blue.....

My question is....What exactly was the mod used for that effect?

Thanks in advance.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Are you asking how to do that? If so, its kinda of easy...but permanent.

You have to cut the letters out of the rear bumper. Letters like "a" "R" and "O" are going to have the small pieces in the middle that need to be saved....so don't fuck'em up. Take a piece of lexan, cut it slightly larger that the overall word "cobra" or Mustang GT and bond it on the inside of the back bumper using something like liquid nails adhesive....something that will allow a big of flex. bond the letter inserts onto the lexan....so basically your entire word is "clear" on the back bumper now. THEN, simply mount and wire small lights (neon or what ever floats your boat) above and below the lettering. You don't want the light to shine directly through the cut out letters....rather "glow." Its an easy mod really if you're brave enough to cut on your ride. I think its just a TAD on the rice side for my tastes though.

G

GREG@SN95

ryclef331 said:
Are you asking how to do that? If so, its kinda of easy...but permanent.

You have to cut the letters out of the rear bumper. Letters like "a" "R" and "O" are going to have the small pieces in the middle that need to be saved....so don't f**k'em up. Take a piece of lexan, cut it slightly larger that the overall word "cobra" or Mustang GT and bond it on the inside of the back bumper using something like liquid nails adhesive....something that will allow a big of flex. bond the letter inserts onto the lexan....so basically your entire word is "clear" on the back bumper now. THEN, simply mount and wire small lights (neon or what ever floats your boat) above and below the lettering. You don't want the light to shine directly through the cut out letters....rather "glow." Its an easy mod really if you're brave enough to cut on your ride. I think its just a TAD on the rice side for my tastes though.

I would use some wire mess instead of lexan...

Its definitely looks cool... some like it, others don't...

OP
OP
F

fatman2k4

Reaction score
It looked really cool.....but I'm not into destroying my bumper....

GDawg

Reaction score
Yes, it's a bit "rice" but I have to tell you... I still kind of like the undercarriage lighting effects that the ricers do. I wanted to do red lighting under my car but don't cause of the peer pressure and me being ALL American with my car.

:noes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online