Bumping my Timing Up???((FOX))

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Ive read a thing or 2 about bumping my timing on my fox. Ive read that this would cause it to burn more gas and that i would need to run high oct gas (which i do). What do you guys this about me doing this? I don't have a timing light so i guess I'll have to buy one or get it on loan from Autozone. As for how its done, i found a "How To" on line some where....Ga head....Discuss...Oh yeah, do you think a timing light is worth buying?

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Whaat about doing it with out a light? Ive read ill hear the idle raise, but im afraid i wont ba able to get it back to where i started.

Suspect

Reaction score
yea wait til u get a light. its ez. u should go ahead and get under the car and mark the 14* line, so ull see it better. or whatever u decide to run.

btw i have one if u wanna borrow it.

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Suspect said:
yea wait til u get a light. its ez. u should go ahead and get under the car and mark the 14* line, so ull see it better. or whatever u decide to run.

btw i have one if u wanna borrow it.
Got one...Its the cheapo one from Advance...Bumped it, man o man was it wasy....AANNDD, the results were GOOD! i can feel the difference, she idles about the same but feels stronger. I already felt she had more pull than my 98 now, its NO question!

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
what did you move it to? what have you done so far. There is a lot of free or really cheap mods.
Thats all...My plans are Exhaust(Bassani) Suspension(H&R & Toiko) Engine(Trick Flow Top End Kit)...Other mods Ultra clear headlights, Headliner etc...

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
thermostat( tis a pain to do but really helps)
Hum...not done yet! How hard is it, Can you point me in the direction of a write-up?

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
(((Foster98GT))) said:
quickstang_1994 said:
thermostat( is a pain to do but really helps)
Hum...not done yet! How hard is it, Can you point me in the direction of a writeup?
just remove the two bolts and replace but the hard part is not letting the thermostat drop down causing a leak.

9psi 98

Reaction score
(((Foster98GT))) said:
Whaat about doing it with out a light? Ive read ill hear the idle raise, but im afraid i wont ba able to get it back to where i started.

ALWAYS scribe a line or put two dots od paint on the top of the intake and on the distrubutor that line up BEFORE you losen the hold-down bolt. If you do this it's impossible to not get back to where you started. You won't be moving it all that much anyway, go for 14degrees. I ran that on my Fox and it woke that thing right up and didn't detonate at all. You won't use more fuel, just burn it more efficiently. Run high octane just to be safe, I always did and never had any problems.

9psi 98

Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
did you remove the air silencer

You can get rid of the entire air box if you get 5 self-tapping screws. Screw the conical filter with the gasket onto the intake tube through each of the plastic flanges....makes a cheap CAI out of your stock filter and intake tube. I did it to mine before I got a CAI. I have some pics of it at home. I'll post them if you can't figure it out, it's really simple though. O0

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online