BURN.

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Lol, i played cat and mouse with a newer saab this morning for about 7 miles taking my girl to work this morning and a few times the tranny i guess downshifted to hard or something.

Anywho, at the next stoplight i came to i smelled burning. Does the torque converter burn like a clutch does? If not what could it have been?

I think it was the converter. :dunno:

It stopped smelling like not even 60 seconds after. But there was still a hint of ghost smell after i parked it at home.

OP
OP
F

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Oh yeah, my cars an auto, i left that little fact out. lol. O0

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
was there alot of braking involved? if you got those rotors nice and hot thats whats up

97blackgt

Reaction score
maybe u have a little bit of a leak someplace and u just happened to smell the fluid burning off

OP
OP
F

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
95KBGT said:
was there alot of braking involved? if you got those rotors nice and hot thats whats up

Yes there was, i hope thats what it was, driving all day yesterday and this morning and no smell or problems.

97blackgt said:
maybe u have a little bit of a leak someplace and u just happened to smell the fluid burning off

I hope i dont have a leak, i bet i dont though. Where and what kind of leak would cause a temporary smell like that resulting int he forementioned conditions? :dunno:

GreenPony95

Reaction score
same this happens with me, kinda had same question. but ya if im hittin it hard for a while
u know letting it get to 4500-5500 in everygear i get the smell. and im pretty sure its not the brakes
cause the last time (about n hour ago) i was doing the same stupid shit n just coasted down from 120(kmh)
to 40km and when i parked at work i smelt it so i unno!

OP
OP
F

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
GreenPony95 said:
same this happens with me, kinda had same question. but ya if im hittin it hard for a while
u know letting it get to 4500-5500 in everygear i get the smell. and im pretty sure its not the brakes
cause the last time (about n hour ago) i was doing the same stupid shit n just coasted down from 120(kmh)
to 40km and when i parked at work i smelt it so i unno!

Hmmmm.....

ripper

Reaction score
Car farts ill bet. Put some beano in the tank.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online