Burninrock's 1996 GT build thread

Burninrock24

Reaction score
Whats up guys, figured I'd finally get around to doing a build thread as I have some plans for the car this summer. But for now, just a photo dump and some details.

Black with saddle 1996 Mustang GT convertible.

Manual with worn down and noisy clutch.

BBK Cold air intake, Professional Products 75mm TB, Edelbrock 75mm intake plenum, Steeda Underdrive Pullies, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, BBK Catted X-Pipe, SLP LMII welded into 2.5" flowmaster catback, 3.73 gears, H&R Super-Sport springs, KYB shocks and struts, MM caster camber plates, SF connectors, drilled and slotted brake rotors, white face gauges, pioneer head unit w/Mach 460, '98 Cobra wheels, Cobra headlights.

o2s4oWZ.jpg

WuWzvos.jpg

bL0xU6E.jpg

D1M8iB4.jpg

Weno7vg.jpg

DqeUFKo.jpg

OP
OP
Burninrock24

Burninrock24

Reaction score
Plans for this summer are:

New wheels, 'Export' tail lights, new tail pipes, some other goodies like ported heads if I get around to it, and some other DIY stuff.

OP
OP
Burninrock24

Burninrock24

Reaction score
Sup guys, I'm not dead or anything, clutch finally gave out at the end of the summer this year, got it fixed, and now it sits in the garage.

My dad was feeling bored one day and decided to 'rebuild' my Tri-Ax shifter. Now it feels like I'm shifting through molases, it doesn't like to return to neutral its super notchy, and idk what to do besides buy a new shifter? Honestly I think he might have put it together backwards lol.

But yeah, nothing much to update as I haven't been able to drive the car in months, just felt like stopping in.

OP
OP
Burninrock24

Burninrock24

Reaction score
Okay an update again because I'm so inactive. Got the shifter issue solved and shes shifting like butter. Bought a new project too! Suzuki Katana for $500. Owner had the spark plug wires on the wrong plugs and couldn't get it to run :slowclap: Only 13,000 miles. About to strip it down into a cool streetfighter to drive to school and work. Hoping to get my export lights soon on the mustang and possibly some new wheels and tires? Who knows.

qlFCWDv.jpg

OP
OP
Burninrock24

Burninrock24

Reaction score
So when are you going to hit me up so we can get some new shots out there

I've really been itching to get out, but I've been super busy with my job, bike, and being out of town on weekends. I'll forsure let you know when I'm free though.

Need a p clip for that park brake cable!! Mine did the same, lolz

Actually did that when we were under the car replacing the clutch haha, good eye though!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online