burnt 4.6

Stangbangin

Reaction score
I just came across a 98 GT that had an electrical fire under the hood. Most of the damage is on the driver side. the battery, fuse box, and pretty much most things not metal under the hood melted. I bought the car for part but I was wondering if anyone had done surgery on an electrical fire car or if the motor is just junk>?

OP
OP
S

Stangbangin

Reaction score
nobody huh? probably cuz ya'll are smart enough not to burn up your car

Rantheman

Reaction score
you coulb probably order a harnness and then go to a junk yard and pic up a fuse box as long as you go by the manual diagrams you should ba able to fix it!! ;D

rtgreen

Reaction score
Sounds like that car would be a good candidate for a 3V swap. There have been many 3V engines on eBay with the complete harness and computer.

OP
OP
S

Stangbangin

Reaction score
yea probably not worth the headache of trying to sort threw the trash..... it melted the plug wire on that side master cylinder, fuse box, harness, injectors....it's toasted pretty good. short block is good though....I'm actually thinkin of dropping a stroker 4.6 in or maybe a 3 valve I haven't read up too much od modular engines.. I'm a 5.0 litre guy myself but that could change

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
yeah youd probally like the mod engines.
dont do a 3v swap, for a LITTLE more money you could
more than likley do a 4v swap, which in the long run would help
out more. just my 2 cents

OP
OP
S

Stangbangin

Reaction score
to tell you the truth even with a good amount of mechanical experience I'm kind of intimidated by 4v motors. I guess this stems from me not even having messed with a modular until I got this one

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
its basically the same engine with
diffrent heads and intake.
basically

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online