Buy a Shirt and help me get my car on the road.

OP
OP
CobraClone94

CobraClone94

Reaction score
When i figure it out, You'll be the first to know.
why was this a problem? your promoting business for them...

Thats the million dollar question everyone has been asking ford, why so anal?. They went after a forum that was making calenders of their own rides, but them backed off cause they realized how stupid they were being.
IDK what to say, but it's not making me like ford any more then i have to...

lilj4u2njoy

Reaction score
Yea, did they give u a reason they pulled them?

What a f'ing buzz kill tho

Sent from my EVO 3D using tapatalk

Steve@CJPP

Reaction score
Well i am very sorry everyone, but zazzle pulled all my mustang stuff, I thought they might happen. Wow all that work for nothing :(
That is because Ford probably saw it and sent them a letter.

Thats the million dollar question everyone has been asking ford, why so anal?. They went after a forum that was making calenders of their own rides, but them backed off cause they realized how stupid they were being.
IDK what to say, but it's not making me like ford any more then i have to...
That was the Black Mustang Club and I was one of the designers of that calendar, we won because we were selling OUR cars, you on the other hand were selling THEIR logos.

Yea, did they give u a reason they pulled them?

What a f'ing buzz kill tho

Sent from my EVO 3D using tapatalk
See above reason

Copyright was the reason they gave me, and yeah i'm pretty pissed myself
I can't be mad at them, there are plenty of company's out there selling "Ford" items or items with Ford related logos and have to pay for the Ford Licensing. I mean if this is something you want to pursue then check this out but just be warned one slip up and you get the letter.

http://www.fordbrandlicensing.com/NewBrandUseStep1.asp

OP
OP
CobraClone94

CobraClone94

Reaction score
That is because Ford probably saw it and sent them a letter.

That was the Black Mustang Club and I was one of the designers of that calendar, we won because we were selling OUR cars, you on the other hand were selling THEIR logos.

See above reason

I can't be mad at them, there are plenty of company's out there selling "Ford" items or items with Ford related logos and have to pay for the Ford Licensing. I mean if this is something you want to pursue then check this out but just be warned one slip up and you get the letter.

http://www.fordbrandlicensing.com/NewBrandUseStep1.asp

I knew there was a way to do this, Thanks for the link, I will look into this :)

OP
OP
CobraClone94

CobraClone94

Reaction score
why not make the shirts with our cars just no logos?

i tried that, and the feedback i got was and i quote "20 dollars for such a basic design, I can go to wallmart and get 3 shirts for $15" So that's when i started adding logos. I can just put the cars on tees, I do have a few in zazzle like that, as long as I don't put any logos, or badging on the cars, they will leave them.

Don

Steve@CJPP

Reaction score
Well i applied for Brand permission, Cross your fingers and pray they give me it to me :)

I wonder if you guys could send them emails as well? [email protected]
It's going to cost you a pretty penny just be prepared. I know the owner of GrandMatDesigns and he told me his $200 custom mats bring him like $25 after ford get's their cut, so you might make like $2 for your shirts as the rest will go to ford for branding fees.

OP
OP
CobraClone94

CobraClone94

Reaction score
It's going to cost you a pretty penny just be prepared. I know the owner of GrandMatDesigns and he told me his $200 custom mats bring him like $25 after ford get's their cut, so you might make like $2 for your shirts as the rest will go to ford for branding fees.

You weren't kdding, I got a response and i have to say i am very dis-hearted by FORD. Here's the reply i got :)

Dear Don Armstrong:
Thank you for your interest in Ford Motor Company's licensing program. Your desire to produce products bearing Ford Motor Company trademarks and/or trade dress (unique shape of our vehicles) will require a license. There are a several minimum requirements to become a licensee and those include:
    • an established distribution channel
    • an agreement with at least one other licensor (GM, Chrysler, Disney, etc.)
    • the ability to sell at least $50,000 of wholesale sales annually of Ford licensed merchandise
    • an advance of $5,000 to Ford upon signature
    • insurance coverage of at least $3 Million to protect against liability claims
If you feel you can meet the requirements above, please request a Ford License Application for further consideration ([email protected]).
Thanks again for your interest.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Sincerely,

And this was my reply:

Thanks john for the reply,

I am just a guy that makes a few Tee Designs, and sells them on Zazzle for my friends and buddies, there is no way I could meet with your req's, and i don't see how anyone side from a HUGE chain like wal-mart or something could....I think your Req's are very high and unfair to be honest.

I have been a ford guy most of my 40 years of life, and i have to say this is very dissapointing, is this is how we get paid for our brand loyalty?

Anyways, Thanks for getting back to me so quick...but there is no way i can meet those obsene req's

Good day

Just not right, I understand them wanting to protect their brand, but REALLY!!!!!
[/FONT]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online