Bye Bye head gasket :(((

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Well did some tuning had a 2 step setup (just cause)
well she was overheating really bad in traffic and apparently I blew my head gasket. debated with myself if I should buy a crate motor, new block, or fix it... money is pretty tight so im gonna fix it and hope nothing is wrong with the block when we get that far. went on AM and bought some new gaskets, bought a new performance radiator and ended up buying some new GT40x aluminum heads. so I guess that part isn't so bad... pretty bummed when I heard the news today but hopefully by the end of the week shell be up running and f'in shit up again

small vid of playing with the 2 step yesterday:

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
Money is tight but u ended up buying gt40x heads lol. What 2 step module are u using? Im considering it just for shits and giggles.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Money is tight but u ended up buying gt40x heads lol. What 2 step module are u using? Im considering it just for shits and giggles.
if money wasn't tight I would've bought a 351 and all lol
I have the MSD box under the hood with an Anderson piggy back for the tuning and you can setup a 2 step with it, I only put it in for the moment and then took it out, but I'm gonna set it up again once I can get my car running again at the end of the week

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
I didn't do it, I'm definitely no mechanic lol, she overheated and we put more antifreeze in her to see where she ended up leaking from

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
It prolly popped before it overheated how much boost you running ... These motors love to pop head gaskets under boost

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
didn't hit more then 6 on Friday (street tuning) we were gonna get it ready for 10 though

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
oh and my pcv valve popped out shooting some oil in the back of my engine bay when we hit boost (found out afterwards of course) not sure if that helped lead to all this

if the block is good, I cant be too upset cause I also got some 1.6 rockers and apr head bolts and hardened pushrods for the car... all much needed upgrades + the heads for the car anyways

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Even if the tune was off at 6 its possible but not likely. Ehh atleast you have a few upgrades to make when you do the gaskets :)

-330CubeGt

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
lol yea im kinda hyped about the upgrades, better late then never I guess right... just praying the block is good when we check it

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Yea, when you have a failure its always best to stay p ossitive and excited about upgrading it at the same time. I always beat myself up when shit like that happend and it makes it miserable to work on it lol

-330CubeGt

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Lol that was me early in the morning yesterday when I found out, I was just miserable, and then I started thinking, hmm I can get some heads in this lol bought 1.6 rockers hardened pushrods and arp head bolts last night to so if the block is ok this is going to get much improved lol

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your troubles but you should be concerned with how it popped the head gasket. You mentioned you did some tuning, is it from your tuning? It won't matter what upgrades you've done, if your tuning isn't correct then you're going to have issues, and you'll end up blowing it up again. I hope for your sake, the engine is good but I fear you have some damage down there, but I hope I'm wrong.

Good luck
Michael Plummer

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Well there isn't any knocking, I hope your wrong to, we're gonna find out where we went wrong, if more damage is done, guess it's nice having an extra 302 block sitting in my garage right lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online