c/c plates installed

theponyfactor

Reaction score
and when i put everything back together (only did passenger side) the strut barely comes through the plate...do i need to lower the car back down on the tires so it will come all the way up?

this is with h&r sports and mach 1 take off struts

cc001.jpg

NYC94GT

Reaction score
theponyfactor said:
and when i put everything back together (only did passenger side) the strut barely comes through the plate...do i need to lower the car back down on the tires so it will come all the way up?

this is with h&r sports and mach 1 take off struts

cc001.jpg
Make sure the threads are not binding on the bearing. When you jack the a-arm up and push the strut through the bearing hole the threads can bind as the strut follows the arc of the a-arm swing. Be sure to guide it through. It worked on the other side right?

OP
OP
T

theponyfactor

Reaction score
both sides are the same. i even took the top plate off so there was no chance of binding and it didnt come up far enough

NYC94GT

Reaction score
theponyfactor said:
both sides are the same. i even took the top plate off so there was no chance of binding and it didnt come up far enough
Three things:
1: Have you measured the threaded portion of the strut to be sure it is long enough to extend into the CC Plate bearing and have enough thread to screw on a nut??
2: What struts are you running?
3: Are you running a bushing/spacer between the strut and the CC Plate??

GDawg

Reaction score
Looks like you put all the spacers underneath. Should be about half and half, some below and some above. The idea is to use the spacers so that your strut just clears your hood.

H&R Supersports with Bilstein struts.

Caster-Camber-Plates-1-640.jpg

OP
OP
T

theponyfactor

Reaction score
thanks for the help, but it ended up being a jack problem. I needed to move the jack out more to get enough leverage to compress everything LOL. :comando:

NYC94GT

Reaction score
theponyfactor said:
thanks for the help, but it ended up being a jack problem. I needed to move the jack out more to get enough leverage to compress everything LOL. :comando:
live and learn my man, live and learn. O0

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online