C4 swap

blkcld

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm fairly new on this site and am hoping someone can help. I'm putting in a C4 in my '94. I also have the clutch pedal assembly out and am putting just a single brake pedal bracket. My problem is, what do I do with the wiring? I'm putting the cruise control switch back on, I'm ok with that but I really don't know what to do with the original wiring that was hooked up to the clutch pedal and the quadrant. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
the quadrant switch you'll need to jump it in order to allow the car to start. Basically tell the computer that the car has the "clutch' pushed in. The other one you need for the brakes. Since its not electronic theres not a whole lot to swap it in. Pretty simple

OP
OP
B

blkcld

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Would a new shifter have the connection for the brakes?

LAFENATU

Reaction score
all cars / auto or manual have that wiring... as previously stated...you need to get the auto jumpers that plug into the harness to bypass the nss on the clutch pedal. There is also another near the gas pedal for the cruise control but you want to keep that..

You can make it even easier and just don't swap pedals man..

Take the 18mm nut off that holds the clutch pedal on - way easier then taking everything out.

neris

Reaction score
what are you swapping out? a t5? whats the condition its in? selling? how much? location? PM me! :D

LAFENATU

Reaction score
neris said:
what are you swapping out? a t5? whats the condition its in? selling? how much? location? PM me! :D

6 questions in one breath....I think that is a record...wheew.

neris

Reaction score
thats how i do it. breathing is for the weak ;]

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Unless you use a hammer shifter thats meant for the car, i doubt that you will be able to use a brake switch. meaning you will be able to put the car in gear without your foot on the brake.

MikeF

Reaction score
its very straight forward i did it to my 89 jump switch install brake do burn out but i hope you dont have gears like i did could only drive it in town i really did not like it but it never broke got mine from artt carr well good luck b/m make a cool shifter for our car

94 DropTop

Reaction score
Why are you swapping to a C4? I could be completely wrong but, i was told the c4 was heavier and sucked more power than the 4R70W. I talked to my tranny guy and he told me the 4r70w would be a much better choice than the c4.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
94 DropTop said:
Why are you swapping to a C4? I could be completely wrong but, i was told the c4 was heavier and sucked more power than the 4R70W. I talked to my tranny guy and he told me the 4r70w would be a much better choice than the c4.

don't know why'd someone say that. C4's are great, leighterweight transmissions that can hold alot of power when built right. They are older school way of working but sometimes its nice to not have all the wires and controls. C4's are smaller and will do whatever you want them to.

94 DropTop

Reaction score
i guess i miss took the wieght for the c6. Im also driving my car around running if its nice so i like my 4th gear. What about how much power they suck compared to the 4r70w?

stang94X

Reaction score
94 DropTop said:
i guess i miss took the wieght for the c6. Im also driving my car around running if its nice so i like my 4th gear. What about how much power they suck compared to the 4r70w?

if the trannys are stock, then 94/95 have AODE's, 4r70w's werent in mustangs until 96, i heard c4's suck a lot of power also, id also like to know how much it is

Orl1mjf

Reaction score
Why a c4? To handle more power? Unless you are making block splitting power, the t5 is a much better transmission for a street driven Mustang. Astro transmission makes an upgraded t5 that is pretty good and not super expensive.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Why a c4? To handle more power? Unless you are making block splitting power, the t5 is a much better transmission for a street driven Mustang. Astro transmission makes an upgraded t5 that is pretty good and not super expensive.

None of the people in this thread have been here in a loooooooonnnnnngggg time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Werecow

Reaction score
Why an automatic over a t-5? Maybe there are some of us here who have issues driving a manual over an automatic because of weakness in their left leg due to disability? Or they can no longer drive a stick because they have really bad back issues but still wanna enjoy their ride? Are those good enough reasons to have an automatic maybe built with a good shift kit and a good shifter like a hammer shifter??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online