CAI with Supercharger options on ‘95 Cobra?

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have a SVO supercharger on my ‘95 Cobra. I inherited his set up when I bought the car a couple of weeks ago. Is there an option on a CAI that DOESN’T run thru the fender? Man, what a gigantic PITA monkeying around with that set up just to clean the air filter element!

Thanks,

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well technically it would not be a CAI if it did not go through or draw through the fender. Yes it makes it more difficult to clean but we don't normally add things for performance that make our lives easier later.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lol that’s pretty much what I expected but thought I would ask just in case

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
What you will find is that you will weigh the additional time it takes to do it vs how bad it needs to be done. It is nice and easy to do in with the stock filter but realistically you need to do it every year or two depending on how much you drive. I just take advantage of the time when I have the front end off the ground to do it then.

PinkieT

Reaction score
There are CAIs that draw through the fender but put the filter in a box in the engine compartment that helps keep it drawing air from the hole in the fender vs. drawing hot air from under the hood. I have a K&N setup on my Ram like that. They make one for SN95 Mustang but it is not cheap and probably wouldn't work with your blower. https://www.cjponyparts.com/k-n-cold-air-intake-kit-57-series-fipk-gt-1996-2004/p/KNPIK5/ Maybe you can find somebody with one, or something similar from another brand, and cobble something together to fit your car.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ttocs and Pinkie,
I think you’ve both hit on it collectively.
1. ttocs- just grin and bear it; do it when front ends up which, in hindsight, isn’t a stretch because I rotate tires myself; and
2. Pinkie- I definitely will have to cobble something together either via fab work or backyard mechanic style(so long as it doesn’t look tacky though)

Thanks for the replies. Stay healthy..,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online